8 Nights of Light Part III

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5 11:26 AM
      Dear friends,
      We are well into Chanuka now, and by now everyone has belly aches from the latkas and sufganiot, but feeling the warmth and joy of this beautiful holiday. There are a few more concerts coming up soon, I wanted to try to get the word out asap. Sorry if I sometimes forget, I get alot of emails. Please keep sending reminders if you don't see an event posted.

      I also again wanted to remind everyone there is ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CHANUKA SALE 25% off ON MY WEBSITE! www.yisroelmusic.com I hope it can provide more inspiration to all of you throughout Chanuka and the year.

      I also wanted to tell everyone about a beautiful DVD recently remastered from the legendary group Diaspora Teshiva band, following their historic concert on King David's Tomb in Jerusalem. This is a must see video! www.diasporaband.com

      Here are some upcoming events:

      This Sunday, Dec. 5, 7pm, ASEFA will be performing at the Safra
      synagogue on 11 E. 63 St. ASEFA brings together elements from
      Moroccan and jazz-based musical styles, reinvigorating Sephardic
      poetic texts by re-imagining the soundscapes of North African and
      Iberian cultures. Come let the sounds of the voices, nay, oud,
      guimbri, sax, guitar, drums, and percussion wash over you. The Edmond
      J Safra Center and Synagogue is a beautiful venue uptown with
      incredible acoustics. This is a special treat and an opportunity to
      rub elbows and celebrate with members of one of New York's premier
      Sephardic congregations.
      For more info: http://www.AsefaMusic.com | http://
      www.sephardicmusicfestival.com

      ---Sunday December 15th
      Women's Night at the Jewish Music Cafe
      This evening features Jewish soul music from internationally known singer-songwriter Basya Schechter (of Pharoah's Daughter), joined by singer-storyteller Rachel Ravitz and singer-songwriter Lori Leifer. They will do individual and collaborative sets.
      http://www.jewishmusiccafe.com/index.html
      7:30 $15
      401 9th St. (btwn 6th & 7th Ave) in Brooklyn
      (Subway: F to 7th Ave. or R to 9th St.)
      401 9th Street Brooklyn, NY 1401 9th S

      ---Dec 7 2010 7:30 PM
      The Klezmatics: Light x Eight: Hanukkah 2010 at The Jewish Museum
      Venue: The Jewish Museum
      1109 5th Ave (at 92nd St),
      New York, View on Mapquest
      Contact Website: www.TheJewishMuseum.org.
      Contact: 212.423.3337
      Cost:

      ---Dec 7 2010 7:45 PM
      The Sixth Annual Sephardic Music Festival: Layali El Andalus & East of the River
      Venue: Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue
      3 West 70th St
      New York, View on Mapquest
      Contact Website: www.sephardicmusicfestival.com/