Farewell kumsitz in Passaic Park this Sunday

  • gilhoupt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2010
      Dear Chevra,

      Sunday, Aug 15, 4-7pm

      Everyone is invited to a kumsitz (informal musical gathering) in Passaic, NJ, as we say goodbye to America and prepare to start our life in Israel, making aliyah to Jerusalem next week.

      In Passaic's Third Ward Park, by the playground on the Broadway side of the park, near Katherine Ave. By car, you can put "103 The Circle 07055" in the GPS. By NJ Transit train: from the Passaic train station, cross Passaic Ave and walk all the way past the duck pond upstream (about 5-10 minutes) until the playground.

      Feel free to bring instruments, blankets or folding chairs, and kosher snacks to share. Here's the event site if you have a facebook account: http://facebook.com/event.php?eid=138593969509142

      When I started this music list over ten years ago, I had no idea all the thousands of people it would reach, all the music that would be shared and relationships created. Hopefully we'll see you all in Israel soon. I want to thank Yisroel Juskowicz for keeping the NY music list going the past two years, and Yehudit Singer for managing the sister list in Israel: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IsraelMusic/

      And eternal thanks to the Holy One whose song flows through soul and emerges from our lips. May we be blessed to join all our songs together in harmony.

      You can contact me by replying to this message, or email rebgili@...

      Good Shabbos!

      Gili Houpt
      Currently in Passaic, NJ