More music for the month of Elul

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2008

      I hope all is well with everyone. We are now well into Elul, and a
      great way to prepare ourselves is through inspiring Jewish music. To
      unsubscribe, just click unsubscribe at the very bottom of the email
      and follow the directions. To have a future event posted, please reply
      to this email. Here are some more events going on in the next couple
      of weeks in the NY/NJ area. For more events, please refer to my last
      email:

      ---September 11th, Thursday
      The new and exciting Band Rock Of David will be preforming
      When: 11:00 PM
      Where: Sullivan Hall 214 sullivan street between bleeker and w. 3rd
      street.
      Cost: 18+ $11
      For more info and to purchase tickets go to www.ymgmusic.com or
      www.rockofdavid.com

      ---Motzei Shabbat, September 13
      Backyard Melave Malka featuring the music of Yaakov Dov Miller
      For modern orthodox machmir singles ages 22-30
      When: 9:30PM
      Where: At the Hoenig's home 61 Muriel Ave., Lawrence NY
      Cost: $10 admission.
      For more info: Contact Reena at etm.ontheweekends@....

      C-Rayz Walz & Kosha Dillz "Freestyle Vs. Written" NYC CD Release Party!
      with performances by YAK BALLZ, Y LOVE, DIWON, PACE WON of the OUTSIDAZ, and more
      When: 8pm
      Where: Knitting Factory, 74 Leonard St, NYC
      http://freestylevswritten.com
      http://knittingfactory.com

      ---Thursday, September 18th
      Hasidic Rebel Party, featuring Y-Love and Diwon
      When: 11:00pm to 4:00am
      Where: Vertigo Club, 91 Main St. Nyack, NY
      21 & Over. Full Bar.
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=24157403339
      http://www.shemspeed.com

      ---Friday, September 19
      "NEW SHABBAT TABLE!" - Friday Night Dinner - A spiritually & intellectually nourishing place to gather for the entire
      community.
      This week's special guests: Rachel and Mattisyahu: A unique creative couple who open people's hearts to G-d-consciousness through their song & spirit. Learn of their journey from Sufi music to Jewish music. They will give their personal Dvar Torah and sing for us.
      When: 9:00PM
      Where: JCC in Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Avenue @ 76th St.
      Cost: $30
      http://jccmanhattan.org/category.aspx?catid=1978&progid=18367
      *NOTE: See Below

      ---Sunday, September 21st
      REALITY SHOCK will be performing at the Five Towns Fall Fair in Cedarhurst, NY.
      When: all-day event, with food stands, carnival booths, and different entertainment; REALITY SHOCK hits the stage at 2pm.
      Where: Cedarhurst Park, Cedarhurst Ave. between Oak and Summit Aves., Cost: Admission is free, as far as we know
      http://www.reverbnation.com/realityshock
      http://www.myspace.com/realityshock

      ---Thursday, September 25th
      Phillip Namanworth and his band, Always SomethinÂ’
      Blues, Ballads, Jazz, Soul and Spirituality: a night of great musical entertainment!
      When: 8:00 PM Doors open at 7:30
      Where: The Cutting Room, 19 W24th St, between Broadway and 6th Ave.
      Cost: $15
      For more info: 212 691-1900 or namsongs@...

      ---Announcement
      Choir Forming At Sheves Achim/Flatbush Minyan
      Participants will be trained by a world renowned choir conductor. Interested parties should contact Rabbi Meir Fund: 718-338-8442, or email CongShevesAchim@...

      Wishing everyone a Shana Tova and may you all be inscribed in the Book
      of Life for a happy and healthy prosperous year.

      Best Wishes, Yisroel

      *NOTE: For the above events so noted, the issue of Kol Isha may apply; consult your local Rabbinic authority for more info, and see
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NYCJewishMusic/links/k_001127134606