More Chanukah concerts

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2005
      Dear Friends,

      I can barely keep up with all the concerts this year for
      Chanukah -- there's so much going on! If you want to hear some of my
      new Chanukah songs, stop by the Vorhand Shteeble tonight, if you get
      this in time. Or come to my shul this weekend for a special musical
      davening (see info below). May the Chanukah candles burn bright
      enough to illuminate the godliness inside each of us -- the real
      miracle is that we are each given the potential to accomplish so much
      good in the world.

      Tonight, Tuesday, December 27, 7:30-9:30pm I'll be playing a
      Chanukah Chagiga at the Vorhand Shteeble, Congregation & Yeshiva
      Heichal Moshe, 305 W91 St (between West End and Riverside). Men and
      women welcome. Full meat dinner. No cost!

      Also Dec 27 at 7pm Hineni invites you to a Happy Hipster
      Chanukah Singles Spectacular, at 38 E30 St. Gala carnival features
      international cuisine, live DJ, virtual reality and interactive
      games. Cost: $28 in advance; $40 at the door. More info: call 212-
      496-1660 or see http://hineni.org

      Also Dec 27 at 7pm Elias Ladino Ensemble and Yardena y Son
      Ladino play a Hanukkah concert at Congregation Shearith Israel (The
      Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue), 2 W70th St. Tickets: $15 at the
      door. More info: call 212-873-0300 x209 or see
      http://shearithisrael.org

      Also Dec 27 @ 8pm the annual Yeshiva University Chanukah
      Chagiga in the Main Beis Medrash (Zysman Hall), on Amsterdam Ave &
      186 St. Refreshments will be served.

      Also Dec 27 Hannukah Extravaganza at the West Side Jewish
      Center, 347 W34 St. Celebrate the Festival of Lights with a very
      social dinner at 7pm (doors open 6:30) followed by B'samim concert at
      8pm. Cost: $20 (includes dinner, $21 if paying by credit card, $25
      at the door without reservation) - sponsorship opportunities
      available. More info: call Rabbi Jason Herman at 212-502-5291 or see
      http://westsidejewishcenter.org and http://bsamim.com

      Also Dec 27 @ 9pm "Chanukah @ Don't Tell Mama," 343 W46 St,
      between 8th & 9th Ave. This special Chanukah themed performance will
      features Elli Meyer ("The King of Broadway") and several other Jewish
      entertainers. Cost: $15 plus 2-drink minimum. Reservations
      recommended. More info, call 718-594-5076 or see
      http://thekingofbroadway.com

      Dec 27-31 the first annual New York Sephardic Music Festival
      continues, celebrating the cultural diversity that exists among
      Mizrahi, Yemenite and Ladino traditions. Shows are all over the city
      featuring the latest Sephardic musical talents. See website for full
      info or call 718-290-5372 http://sephardicmusicfestival.com
      **NOTE: See Below

      Wednesday, December 28 at 7pm Yehuda Glantz performs at the
      Chabad of Midtown Chanukah party, at Association of the Bar, 42 West
      44 St (between 5th and 6th Aves). Admission: $18. Potato latkes,
      sufganiyot, candle lighting and much more. More info: 212-972-0770

      Also Dec 28 at 8PM OZ Young Professional's Chanukah Chagiga
      at OZ, 95 St between Amsterdam & Columbus. Come celebrate the
      survival of our people with music, food, and Our Name Is Mud. Price:
      $20. Call 212-749-5150 or see http://ozny.org

      Also Dec 28 at 8 PM celebrate the miracle on W47 St, where
      spirituality and entertainment have merged since 1917, for the 2nd
      annual Chanukah Cabaret Party and open-mike night at the historic
      Actors' Temple, 339 W47 St between 8th and 9th Aves.
      Featuring "NYC's Funniest Rabbi" Neil Fleischmann, the cast and band
      from Soul Searching, improv comedy troupe Lost Tribe, comedian Reuven
      Russell, and more. Cost: $20 in advance; $25 at the door (catered by
      Dougie's BBQ & Grill Midtown). Info: call 212-245-6975 or see
      http://theactorstemple.org
      **NOTE: See Below

      Also December 28, at 8pm Isralight and KJB Annual Chanukah
      Party, a soulful, musical celebration featuring the live music of
      Naqshon's Leap, Menorah lighting, Chanukah delights and more. At
      Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun, 125 E85 St. (between Lexington and
      Park). Cost: $12 in advance; $15 at the door. Info: call 212-774-
      5678 or see http://isralight.org

      Also December 28, 5-5:45pm Grand Menorah Lighting at Stew
      Leonard's in Westport, CT featuring live music & refreshments;
      Chanukah gelt and dreidels will be distributed for all. For more
      information call 203-866-0534.

      Thursday, December 29, 8 PM- Music, Meditation, and Latkes at
      the Rosh Chodesh Institute. Get into the Inner Light of Chanukah
      with Rabbi Citron as he explores the essence of Chanukah and Rosh
      Chodesh Tevet. Live music with Yaakov Dov Miller.
      http://carlebachshul.org/UpSchedule/RoshChodesh.htm

      Also Dec 29 Gateways presents the Vodka Latke YJP Chanukah
      Bash at Park East Synagogue, 164 East 68 St (btw Lex & 3rd). 8PM -
      Vodkas, Latkas, and Jelly Doughnuts; 9:30PM - Cool Music by (Hanukah)
      Candlelight with Rav Shmuel; 10:30 PM - Chillin'. Cost: $10 pre-
      paid; $20 at the door. More info: 800-722-3191 or
      http://gatewaysonline.com

      Thursday, Dec 29 at 7:30pm the Annual Yeshiva University
      Chanukah Concert, featuring Yehuda Glantz, Yerachmiel Begun and the
      Miami Boys Choir, Ohad Moskowitz, and members of the Chevra, with the
      Neginah Orchestra. At Lamport Auditorium, corner of Amsterdam Ave &
      187 St. Admission: $15, 18, $25, $50, VIP (proceeds go to Hatzolah
      Israel). Mixed and Separate seating avaialable. All the best seats
      are going fast, so order now online: http://israelconcert.com

      Thursday, December 29, a Chanukah on Ice extravaganza at the
      Longshore Ice Rink in Westport, CT. Featuring Chanukah gelt, holiday
      songs & music, face painting, hot chocolate and dreidels for all.
      Admission: $12; children: $10 (includes skates and hot potato
      latkes). Other Kosher refreshments available. For info call 203-866-
      0534 or see http://bethisraelct.org

      Friday, Dec 30 at 4:25pm I'll be leading the davening with
      some special tunes for Chanukah at Congregation Ramath Orah, 550
      W110 St, between Broadway and Amsterdam. Then Saturday night we'll
      have a musical candle-lighting at 5:30pm. Sign up to receive the
      shul's weekly email updates: http://ramathorah.org

      Friday-Saturday, Dec 30-31 Seth Nadel will be leading
      davening and teaching throughout Shabbos at the Somerset Marriot
      Hotel, Somerset NJ: 110 Davidson Ave. Saturday night concert 8-10
      pm. For more info: 800-720-9306 and http://sethnadel.com

      Saturday, December 31 at 7:30pm is Old Broadway's fifth
      annual Chanukah party, featuring latkes, donuts, festive lighting of
      menorah, and the wonderful live music of accordionist Aron Girshman.
      At the Old Broadway Synagogue, 15 Old Broadway (one half block east
      of Broadway between 125th & 126th Streets). Contribution: $10
      person. RSVP: please leave a message at 212-662-9767

      Also Dec 31, at 5:45pm giant, outdoor Menorah Lighting and
      Havdalah Service at Beth Israel of Westport/Norwalk, 40 King St.
      Refreshments served. Free and open to the public. For info call 203-
      866-0534 or see http://bethisraelct.org

      Also Dec 31 Jewish music New Year's Eve at Makor, 35 W. 67th
      St. (between Central Park & Columbus). At 9PM Aaron Alexander's
      Midrash Mish Mosh; at 10PM Frank London's Klezmer Brass All-Stars;
      11pm Klezmer Jam Session (bring your instruments!); 11:30pm - The
      Boys of Balagan Boogaloo. Cost: $75 at the door; in advance:
      $65/person, $100/couple (includes: open bar 10pm-midnight, champagne
      Toast, film: White Heat, poetry reading, raffle for a trip for 2 to
      Fiji). Call 212-415-5500 or http://makor.org
      **NOTE: See Below

      Sunday, Jan 1 at 8am special musical davening for Chanukah at
      Congregation Ramath Orah, 550 W110 St, between Broadway and
      Amsterdam. I'll be leading Hallel accompanied by my guitar, just as
      my Levite ancestors did in the times of the Temple. Bring
      instruments! http://ramathorah.org

      Monday, January 2 at 8am if you were too hungover to make it
      to Sunday's davening we'll have a repeat of the musical Hallel (see
      above).

      Also January 2 at 8:30pm Shlomo Katz in Concert, with
      guitarist Nochi Krohn and Avi Fienberg, in Washington Heights: Mount
      Sinai Jewish Center, 135 Bennett Ave. corner of 187th St. Cost: $15;
      students: $10. More info: 917-742-3209 or yisroelj@...

      Sunday, January 8 at 7:30 pm Simply Tsfat in concert at The
      Bridge Institute, Congregation Washington Heights, 179th and
      Pinehurst. Admission- $12. info@...

      Have a happy Chanukah!

      Gili Houpt

      *NOTE: For all the above events so noted, the issue of Kol Isha may
      apply; consult your local Rabbinic authority for more info, and see
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2008

        The list of upcoming concerts is growing, as more emails come pouring
        in. Here are a few that were NOT included in the last email. Please
        refer back to the last email for the rest of the list:

        AVRAM FRIED, BARUCH LEVINE, EITAN KATZ CHANUKAH CONCERT
        Join the Young Israel of Kew Garden Hills for their 6th Annual
        Concert - Motzei Shabbat Dec. 20, 2008
        At: Queens College
        8:30 PM
        $25, $36, $54, $72, $100 & VIP (Group Rates Available)
        Call Shule -(718) 261-4130
        Or Ticket Outlets - Judaica Plus (Cendarhurst)
        Giftworld (Queens)
        Eichlers (Bklyn)

        Sunday Dec. 21st
        Carnival at the West side Institutional Synagogue
        11:30 AM -1:30 PM
        Cotton candy, games, rides, clowns, and more!
        120 W. 76th St. NY, NY
        $10 per child, parents are free!
        For more info: 212 877 7652

        Sephardic Music Festival | www.sephardicmusicfestival.com
        Dec. 21, 2p -- Sephardic Scholar Series @ Center for Jewish History |
        www.americansephardifederation.org
        Dec. 21, 7p -- w/ Diwon @ Le Poisson Rouge | www.lepoissonrouge.com
        Dec. 22, 8p -- Asefa @ Zebulon Café | www.zebuloncafeconcert.com
        For more info: Samuel R. Thomas, musician/academic
        917-620-3998
        http://www.asefamusic.com | http://www.myspace.com/asefa |
        http://www.jatm.org

        Saturday, December 27th
        Concert & Chanukah celebration at the Carlebach Shul on 79th St.
        with YEHUDA GREEN
        Social hour at 8:00PM (with latkes and other refreshments)
        Concert starts at 8:45PM.
        Admission: $20 (at the door only)
        For more info: www.carlebachshul.org

        Wishing everyone a beautiful shabbos and a happy Chanukah!
        Best wishes, Yisroel