Jewish Music back in NY

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2005
      Dear Friends,

      After two wonderful years studying in Israel, my wife Chaya and I are
      back on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. It's taken a few weeks to
      get settled and moved in, and our apartment is still filled with
      boxes, but I'm ready to start up the music list again from its long
      hiatus. So please send me info on all your upcoming Jewish music
      events and I'll publicize them to the list in the next few weeks.

      Meanwhile, for those who want a personal update: I'm going to be
      working this year as the rabbinical intern at Congregation Ramath
      Orah on 110 St. Stop by this Saturday night, August 13, for a
      meaningful Tisha b'Av program. I'll be chanting with the ancient
      haunting melody
      a chapter from the scroll of Eicha, Lamentations, a mournful
      eyewitness account by the prophet Jeremiah of the destruction of
      Jerusalem 2600 years ago.

      I will also be the cantor for the High Holidays at Kehilat Rayim
      Ahuvim on W72nd St. As an intro I'll be leading the davening this
      Shabbos, including the special tune for L'cha Dodi of Shabbos Chazon
      (the weekend before Tisha b'Av). Check it out at
      http://www.rayimahuvim.org

      This year as we fast and mourn for the ancient Temple, may we be
      blessed with "whoever mourns the destruction of Jerusalem will merit
      to see it rebuilt."

      Have a good Shabbos!