Yom Yerushalayim in Jerusalem

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6 5:52 AM
      Dear Friends,

      Hello from the Holy City of Jerusalem!!! For the past two
      years I've been studying here as in yeshiva as part of my smicha
      (ordination) program. Sadly, the time has now come for me to leave
      the Holy Land and work as a rabbi in the Diaspora for a couple of
      years. Chaya and I will be moving back to the Upper West Side of
      Manhattan, and I'm going to be the rabbinical intern at Congregation
      Ramath Orah on 110 St. I look forward to seeing you all again and
      sharing great music, as I hope to continue the NY Jewish music list
      after I get back over the summer.

      I just want to express hakaras hatov (tremendous gratitude)
      to Seth Nadel for keeping the music list going in my absence. It's a
      tremendous undertaking, and he volunteered his time for the past two
      years despite his busy schedule of learning, teaching, raising a new
      baby, and releasing his debut CD, "Achas Shoalti - One Thing I Ask."
      Check out the website of his band: http://www.sethnadel.com

      Finally, I wanted to give you a taste of what Jerusalem Day
      is like here, when we celebrate the liberation of our Holy City after
      so many years of foreign occupation. Last night at 3am we sang and
      danced through the streets from Yeshivas Merkaz Harav Kook until the
      Old City, and then we continued dancing until dawn. Thousands of
      people davened at the kotel with the sunrise, singing Hallel in
      praise of all the great miracles. I accompanied them on my guitar,
      praying for the time that I can rejoin my ancestors the Levites
      making music at our Holy Temple, may it soon be rebuilt. This
      afternoon the festivities continue with the rikuddegalim - marching
      with flags across the city, again converging at the kotel for a Chaim
      David concert to end the day. Tomorrow the monthly Sivuv Hashe'arim -
      circling the Temple Mount with musical instruments and stopping to
      sing at all the gates. Being here is even better than the Israel Day
      Parade in Central Park! Next year I just hope that I can be back in
      Jerusalem again to celebrate with all of you, and the Jews returning
      home from the four corners of the world, in a time of Messianic
      Peace. For a more complete list of Israel music events (to find out
      what else you've been missing), check out
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IsraelMusic

      Have a great Yom Yerushalayim!