Music for Shabbos Nachamu

  • Seth Nadel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2004
      Shalom Friends,

      This Shabbos is Shabbos Nachamu, literally the Shabbos of comfort.
      The name comes from the beginning of the haftorah that is read. The
      haftorah is the first in a series of seven in which Hashem offers his
      comfort and consolation to a people bereft of their holy temple and
      exiled from their land. On Monday, we celebrate Tu B'Av, the
      fifteenth of Av, of which the Talmud states is one of the happiest
      days for our people (Taanis 30b). The tone of sadness that is
      present at the beginning of the month is now turned to hope and joy.
      May we merit to see the greatest comfort and the greatest joy with
      the rebuilding of our temple and the ultimate redemption of our
      people.

      Thursday, July 29th @ 8pm Soulfarm plays on the JCC's rooftop,
      JCC in Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Ave. at 76th St.
      Admission: $5 members, $10 non-members.
      For more information: 646-505-5708 or www.jccmanhattan.org

      Saturday Night, July 31st @ 10pm Yisroel Williger and Seth Nadel in
      concert! @ The Sheraton Tara Hotel, 199 Smith Road, Parsippany, NJ
      For More Info: Mutty Katz- 718-755-9864

      Also, Saturday Night, July 31st @ 10:45pm Avraham Rosenblum and
      Diaspora with the Nochi Krohn Band. @ The Rivoli Theatre, Rt 42/Main
      St, South Fallsburg, NY. Tickets $25. Tickets available at: Hakol
      B'Sefer Judaica, Woodbourne, NY, or at the door. For ticket
      information or group rates please call 800-358-0671, e-mail
      DiasporaBand@... or visit www.diasporaband.com

      Also, Saturday Night, July 31st @ 10:15pm Ben Zion Solomon and Sons
      in from the holy land and playing live at Aish Kodesh, 894 Woodmere
      Place (Corner of Woodmere Boulevard) in Woodmere, LI.
      Admission: $15, $10 for students. Separate seating only.

      Also, Saturday Night, July 31st @ 9:30pm RebbeSoul and Pey Dalid
      live @ Makor, 35 West 67th St. Tickets: $15
      For more info: www.makor.org, 212-415-5500

      Sunday, August 1st @ 8pm Tu B'Av Concert with Ben Zion Solomon
      @ The Carlebach Shul, 305 W. 79th St. (bet. West End and Riverside)
      Admission $15. For more info: www.carlebachshul.org, 212-580-2391

      Also, Sunday August 1st @ 7pm klezmer fiddler Alicia Svigals
      and friends @ Satalla, 37 West 26th St. Admission: $12
      For more info: www.satalla.com

      Wednesday, August 4 7:30-9:30pm A FREE monthly klezmer jam session,
      hosted by clarinetist Margot Leverett of the KlezmerMountainBoys @
      Astoria Center of Israel, 27-35 Crescent Street, Astoria, Queens. All
      levels welcome, feel free to come listen, play or dance! For more
      info: (718) 278-2680, www.KlezmerMountainBoys.com

      Thursday, August 5th @ 8pm SoulFarm's Noah Solomon & C. Lanzbom
      @ The Carlebach Shul, 305 W. 79th St. (bet. West End and Riverside)
      Admission $15. For more info: www.carlebachshul.org, 212-580-2391

      Also, Thursday, August 5th @ 7pm "On the Paths: Yiddish Songs with
      Tsimbl" featuring Rebecca Kaplan and Pete Rushefsky @ the Atran
      Center, 25 East 21st St. Admission: $5, includes refreshments.
      For more info: kongres@..., 212-505-8040
      *NOTE: See Below*

      Also, Thursday, August 5th @ 10pm Klezska, playing their lively mix
      of klezmer and ska @ Satalla, 37 West 26th Street (between 6th Ave.
      and Broadway) Admission: $15. For more info: www.satalla.com

      *NOTE: For all the above events so notated, the issue of Kol Isha may
      be applicable; consult your local Rabbinic authority for more info*