Music For A Bris!!!

  • rebseth
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2004
      B'H

      Dear Friends,
      Mazal Tov! Mazal Tov! It's a boy! With much gratitude to
      the Almighty, my wife Na'ama and I announce the birth of our son!
      He was born this past Sunday morning, the 16th of Shevat.
      Baruch Hashem mother and baby are healthy. I'H the bris will be
      this Sunday, Feb. 15th at Congregation Tifereth Israel,
      180 Passaic Ave.(corner of Boulevard) Passaic, NJ.
      Shacharis is at 8:30am immediatly followed by bris, food,
      words of Torah and of course singing and dancing.

      Here are the Jewish music listings:

      Saturday Night, February 14th @ 7:30pm, Blue Fringe live @
      Congregation Sons of Israel, 111 Irving Place, Woodmere, LI.
      For more info: www.bluefringe.com

      Sunday February 15th, Eli Gerstner, The Chevra, and Menucha in
      concert @ Brooklyn College. For more info: www.eligerstner.com,
      www.thechevra.com

      Also, Sunday February 15th @ 8:30pm, Blue Fringe live @
      Queens Jewish Center, 66-05 108th St. Forrest Hills,
      Tickets: $20, $25. $15 tickets sold out! For info and reservations:
      email abrowdy@...

      Also Sunday, February 15th @ 7pm Alicia Svigals, playing her lively
      klezmer music. @ Satalla,37 W. 26th St (bet. Bdwy and 6th).
      Admission: $12. For more info: www.satalla.com
      *NOTE:See below*

      Also Sunday, February 15th @ 9pm Mikveh, the Women's All-Star
      Klezmer Band @ Satalla,37 W. 26th St (bet. Bdwy and 6th). Admission:
      $12. For more info: www.satalla.com
      *NOTE:See below*

      Monday, Feb 16th @ 8pm Simply Tsfat live in Monsey!
      @ 28 Lime Kiln Rd. Suffern, NY. For more information
      contact: Basi Rhodes evenings @ 845-364-0730

      Every Monday evening until March 29th, "A MATCH MADE IN MANHATTAN -
      THE INTERACTIVE JEWISH WEDDING EXPERIENCE." At the renowned Upper
      West Side restaurant LEVANA, 141 W69 St, just east of Broadway.
      Doors open at 7:30 pm, with a running time from 8 to 11 pm. From the
      company that brought the acclaimed touring shows TWIST OF FAITH,
      SECOND CHANCES, and the current hit national tour of DESTINATIONS,
      this show features hors d'oeuvres; the ketubah signing; the bedeken;
      the chupah ceremony; an elegant, Glatt-kosher meal with champagne
      toast; live music and dancing; riveting drama; etc. Traditional and
      original music performed by Avi Kunstler, Mitch Kahn, and Friends.
      Tickets (includes a gourmet, three course Glatt kosher dinner) are
      $85 +tax and tip. Special group rates available. For reservations,
      call 212-868-4444 or reserve online http://www.SmartTix.com and see
      http://www.levana.com

      Thursday, February 19,@ 9pm The Jason Caplan Quartet does
      a "Southern Jews Revue." @ Kennys Castaways, 157 Bleecker St. NYC.
      Admission: $5. For more info: 212-473-9870

      Saturday Night, February 21st @ 8pm SoulFarm's Noah Solomon & C.
      Lanzbom @ The Carlebach Shul,W. 79th St. & West End Ave.
      Admission: $15.For more info: (212)580-SHUL, www.carlebachshul.org

      Also Saturday Night, February 21st @ 8pm Oneg Shemesh live
      @ The Hebrew Institute Of Riverdale, 3700 Henry Hudson Pkwy,
      Riverdale, NY. Admission: Students $10, Adults $15
      For more info: www.onegshemesh.com, www.hir.org

      Also Saturday,February 21st @8pm A Night of Jewish A Cappella with
      Columbia University's premier Jewish a cappella group, Pizmon. @
      B'nai Jeshurun Synagogue,257 West 88th St. NYC.
      Admission: Adults $15, Students $10. Proceeds will benefit the
      Jewish communities of South America.
      *NOTE:See below*

      Tuesday, February 24th @ 8pm Margo Leverett & The Klezmer Mountain
      Boys playing their fun high energy klezmer and bluegrass music.

      Also Tuesday, February 24th @ 10pm Zmiros Project w/ Frank London
      @ Satalla,37 W. 26th St (bet. Bdwy and 6th). Admission: $12.
      For more info: www.satalla.com

      Also Tuesday, February 24th @ 8pm Shira Betzibur: Sing along to
      Israeli hits while being accompanied by a singer and live band. Song
      lyrics are displayed on a large screen. @ Makor, 35 West 67th Street
      (bet. Central Park West and Columbus). Admission: $20.
      For more info and tickets: www.makor.org
      *NOTE:See below*

      Also on Tuesdays, Nashir! : The Rottenenberg Chorale, a coed
      Jewish concert choir, seeks new voices. Tenors & Basses especially
      sought, but all voices welcome. Meets every Tuesday, 7-9:30 PM at
      the Lucy Moses School, 129 West 67th Street, in
      To schedule an audition or for more information,
      please call 201-386-0444 (Ben).
      *NOTE:See below*

      Friday through Sunday, February 27-29th, Chabad Shabbaton in Crown
      Heights featuring Rabbi Yosef Y. Jacobson and the Chassidic Jazz
      of the Richard W. Samuels Jazz Ensemble. For more info or to register,
      visit www.shabbaton.org or call Faygie at 718-774-6187

      Saturday Night, February 28th @ 8pm Simply Tsfat live!
      @ Highland Park High School, N. 5th Ave., Highland Park, NJ
      Sponsored by Congregation Ahavas Achim. Part of a Simply Tsfat
      Shabbaton. For information and reservations: 732-247-0532,
      info@..., www.ahavasachim.org, www.simplytsfat.com

      Also Saturday February 28th @ 7:30pm Klezmer Mountain Boys at
      the JCC of Central NJ, 1391 Martine Ave. Scotch Plains, NJ
      Admission $18 includes coffee and dessert.
      For info and reservations: 908-889-8800 x207

      Sunday February 29th, Yeshivat Noam presents Avraham Fried
      and Blue Fringe @ Bergen Tech, Hackensack, NJ.
      For more info: www.bluefringe.com

      Looking ahead....Tuesday March 9th @ 8pm Post Purim Party with the
      Seth Nadel Band playing their origional Jewish folk rock sound.
      @ Satalla, 37 W. 26th St (bet. Bdwy and 6th). Admission: $12.
      Stay tuned for the band's debut cd, Achas Shoalti- One Thing I Ask.
      For more info: www.satalla.com, www.sethnadel.com

      Mima'amakim Journal of Jewish Art is soliciting poetry, prose,
      artwork, reviews, as well as music files for its fifth annual
      publication. Deadline March 8th. Please email us at
      editors@... or see
      http://www.mimaamakim.org/submissions.html for more info.

      *NOTE: For all the above events so notated, the issue of Kol Isha may
      be applicable; consult your local Rabbinic authority for more info*