Re: Cascade Coursing Club AKC tests (JC & QC) and Trials April 30th,

  • Cheryl Myatt
    Message 1 of 46 , May 1, 2011
      Gisela,

      The non-refunding of monies doesn't seem right to me either. Am not
      too sure about the QC as I was starting lure coursing before it became
      effective. My girls have their JC's and have run with others, not sure
      if
      that is enough. If I can find out, and can get some weight off one of
      them
      they might run. Salukis--similar running style.

      Contact me privately if you will be going to a course in the future.

      Cheryl
    • Leanne H
      Message 46 of 46 , May 2, 2011

        How has this become pile up on Gisele? She asked some valid questions, stated facts and did not blame anyone. The list’s responses to her were more critical than her post.

        Whether or not CCC refunded the money, if they told her they wouldn’t but then changed their minds and she hasn’t received a check back yet, how would she know that?

        It’s no wonder we have a hard time finding new people to participate in dog activities.

        As for piling on CCC…there’s probably some history there.

        Leanne

        From: giselab@...
        Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:24:21 -0700

        So, once again, since I joined this list to learn more about coursing, I have several questions that I hope someone will answer for me..

        Several weeks ago I posted that I was in need for a by-dog for my Afghan for the QC and found a very nice lady who offered her Rhodesian Ridgeback for this purpose.  After several people have told me that they have seen Afghans run in the QC with RR, I sent in my entries.   2 days before the trial I found out from the trial secretary that this would not be acceptable, a RR has a different running style than an Afghan, and I couldn't run the RR as by-dog.  So once again I couldn't enter the trial since I didn't have time enough to find a different by-dog, and also forfeited all the entry fees. So I was wondering if there is a list somewhere stating which dogs are acceptable to run with Afghans, since I don't want to run into this problem again, or is this something that varies with the differenct clubs and/or judges? It is just way too expensive with gas, lodging, food and boarding for the dogs who have to stay home for me to go to a trial just on the chance that there MIGHT be someone there to run with my afghan, I need to be sure that she will be able to get certified.

        Also, all the time I have been to an obedience trial where there are day of trial entries, they also did allow you to withdraw your entries if you cancelled before the trial started ,and refunded your entry fee, but this is not the case with this club.   I pre- entered, and withdrew my entry 2 days before the trial, but was told I was not going to get the entry fee refunded.  I'm not going to argue with this, but was wondering if  this typical, for if this is so I would not pre-enter anymore in the future if I'm actually goign to be interested in doing AKC coursing again.

        Gisela