Fw: Odd local ad

  • Verena von Eichborn
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008

      Hi there ,

      this is a fairly suspicious ad someone out here  ( Vancouver BC ) found  - please be aware and share it with others - thanks ,

      Verena

       vancouver, BC craigslist > pets

      Will re-home wolf/deerhound or similar sighthounds in a "working home"
      (BC/Alta/Wash)
      Reply to: comm-942928382@... [?]
      Date: 2008-12-02, 9:45PM PST

      Any large sighthounds but esp. scottish deerhounds; older dogs ok if in good health. prefer younger males. Registration papers not req'd.(tho' proof of ownership is!) Large 'Lurcher' type cross-breds too. Professional (ex-Irish Army) dog-trainer (NOT 'poacher' or even hunter, by any means!) Good references and will pay up to $200 re-homing fee, plus the cost of tranport to Lower Mainland. Rsvp this medium w/ details. Thanks.

       * Location: BC/Alta/Wash
       * it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial
       interests

      PostingID: 942928382

      Visit messengerbuddies.ca to find out how you could win. Enter today.

    • jannarussell2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
        Did anyone email this ad and inquire what they wanted these dogs for?  It maybe a good start to see if there is any reason to be suspicious.

        Reply to: comm-942928382@ craigslist. org [?]

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
          In a message dated 12/7/2008 6:49:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, jannarussell2@... writes:

          Did anyone email this ad and inquire what they wanted these dogs for?  It maybe a good start to see if there is any reason to be suspicious.

          I am working on it...............

          Deano

          Dean O'Neal
          Bend, Oregon

          This is My Girl

        • deano921@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
            In a message dated 12/7/2008 6:49:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, jannarussell2@... writes:
            comm-942928382@ craigslist. org

            Your search for "comm-942928382@..." returned no results.

            Will check some more

            This is My Girl

          • jannarussell2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
              Just curious, people are kind of weird out there but not necessarily with evil intentions.  It would be interesting at least to find out the purpose of the hounds and how many he is looking for.  Thanks for the update!  Cute picture by the way.

              Janna

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
                Thanks..............my Pauli won BOB today in Maibu over the #1 Ibizan in the Nation who has a 5500 pt. lead over 2nd place. Paul also beat her last week in Yuma.

                Also Pauli is invited to AKC/Euk ranked #14 I think and with only 3 weekend show under her belt at 9 months old............today her brother Buddy was BOW's at Ridgefield for his second 3 point major and has a total of 10 points. Another sister over in SLC is # 6 in All Breed so I am Happy with my Six-Pack Litter that caused me to give them all beer names...........LOL.................

                Btw I am building a lure coursing field on 25 acres just 4 miles from the Bend City Limits and hope to have it ready next summer.............

                Cheers,

                Deano

                This is My Girl

              • jannarussell2@aol.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
                    In a message dated 12/7/2008 9:07:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, jannarussell2@... writes:
                    Is it Ok to let Jeff know what you are up too?
                    Jeff and Angie got their Ibizan from me...............LOL and we are now best friends!

                    Deano

                    This is My Girl

                  • jannarussell2@aol.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
                        In a message dated 12/7/2008 9:12:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, jannarussell2@... writes:
                        Will you say hi to them for me?

                        Sure they come out to my place with her on a regular basis and I am very, very lucky to have found such a good home for her................I have been told that it is harder to get a puppy from me than it is to adopt a kid...........LOL.........

                        Deano

                        This is My Girl