2014 Sn3 Symposium News

  • Jay H. Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2014
      I recently finished scanning some 150 photographs
      of the Colorado narrow gauge taken in the 1950s
      by John Lydecker (one of our group's father).
      These images (action shots, locomotives, cars,
      structures and detail shots) have never been
      published or even seen by anyone. We've
      assembled them into a PowerPoint presentation
      that will be JUST ONE PART of our Saturday night
      "coffee-dessert" program.

      In addition to the Lydecker Collection, there
      will be TWO MORE presentations of heretofore
      unpublished photograph collections! They will be
      digitally presented on two large screens with
      plenty of room for everyone to watch comfortably,
      drink coffee and eat dessert.

      On behalf of Marc and our group please make plans
      to come to Dallas-Fort Worth for this great Sn3
      Symposium (February 27 - March 1).

      You will not want to miss the fine clinics,
      vendors, layout tours and our Saturday night
      watch-till-you-drop program!

      See our website at http://www.Sn3-2014.com

      *********** jay@... ***********
      Jay H. Miller, KK5IM Dallas, Texas
      NRA * ARRL * DXCC * S.A.S.S. #34,692
      32° AASR * MVPA #25,180
      Website: http://www.kk5im.com
      ***** Proud to be 100% Macintosh since 1984! *****
    • JGG KahnSr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2014
        Going through various odds and ends as I unpack I found not only the cast belt buckle from the fourth (1984)
        convention in Denver which I was able to attend but one from the second in 1982.  I assume after thirty years
        that I must have been able to buy an extra buckle from the previous convention.  My 1984 actually has a serial
        number, the 1982 does not, perhaps because the entire operation was relatively new.

        I'll keep the 1984, at least for a while, since I was there, but I really don't need the 1982.  If some collector out
        there would like to add it to his collection, I am open to offers, either swap for narrow gage equipment, books,
        or always cash.

        I preregistered for the 1985 or 1986 convention, wherever that was and was early enough to have gotten that belt
        buckle as part of the package, but the Air Force wouldn't let me go at the time of the convention, so I imagine someone
        else benefited from the buckle I paid for. C'est la vie.  I finally got to go again in 2010 at St Louis (my daughter and her
        family live there) and again the next year in Hickory; I am thinking about Kansas City.

        Jace Kahn
        General Manager
        Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.