Re: Tsunami Decoder issue

  • wcbeverly
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 14, 2013
      Thanks for tall the suggestions;

      I don't think it has to do with layout power, I was all alone at the club, no other engines on the layout.

      I had two engines, the #15 Shay responds fine. I take the #15 off the layout and put the #14 on the layout and the sound functions work like the bell and whistle, but no motor functions.

      The #14 responds fine on a 3 foot section of flex track.

      I need to bring the #14 back down to the club and do some experimenting.

      I will also post my question on the Soundtraxx Yahoo site.

      bill beverly

      --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Nulton" <roger.nulton@...> wrote:

      > Bill,
      >
      > You might try posting your question at the Soundtraxx Yahoo Group. They are usually very helpful.
      >
      > Roger Nulton

    • Paul Claffey
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 14, 2013
        If the command station remembers consists (NCE) and this or another loco no.
        14 was part of a consist, then the loco may not respond to the motor
        functions as you described.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 16, 2013
          Well,,, I think reprogramming the cab address fixed it. I started up decoder pro and I saved all the settings. I then changed the cab address from 14 to 41. I know that the system down at the club does not have an issue with 41 because my RGS 41 runs fine.

          I put the Shay on the track, selected 41 and the Shay sprang to life, moved forward and backward, no problems, bells ring, whistle sounds, lights work.

          I then changed the cab address back to 14 and put the Shay on the layout held my breath and the Shay had no problems, moved forward and backward, no problems, bells ring, whistle sounds, lights work.

          So not sure what is causing this issue, but resetting the cab address worked and is working again just fine.

          Bill Beverly