Re: [HOn3] Re: Rio Grande Models Flanger kit

  • Jim Vail
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
      Frederick -

      That's one nice bit of modeling! Thanks for sharing.

      Jim Vail

      > Stupid Frederic forgot to send the link...
      > http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25692
      >
      > --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HOn3%40yahoogroups.com>, Frédéric
      > Testard wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Kakoa
      > >
      > > You might find some information in this Railroad-Line forum topic where
      > > I described my building of the Sn3 version of RGM flanger OD with a
      > good
      > > number of pictures that could help you.
      > >
      > > Frederic Testard

    • William Busacca
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
        Frederick,

        Very nice model, but I think it will cause speed restrictions on the TGV.

        Bill Busacca

        That's one nice bit of modeling! Thanks for sharing.

        Jim Vail

        > Stupid Frederic forgot to send the link...
        > http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25692
        >
        > --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HOn3%40yahoogroups.com> , Frédéric
        > Testard wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Kakoa
        > >
        > > You might find some information in this Railroad-Line forum topic where
        > > I described my building of the Sn3 version of RGM flanger OD with a
        > good
        > > number of pictures that could help you.
        > >
        > > Frederic Testard

        0BGdycElkAzE0MTI3MwRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjMxMDcEbXNnSWQDODEzNjkEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGs
        DcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzU3ODE5OTA2?act=reply
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOn3/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwcDgzbTB1BF9TAzk3MzU5Nz
        E0BGdycElkAzE0MTI3MwRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjMxMDcEbXNnSWQDODEzNjkEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbG
        sDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzU3ODE5OTA2?act=reply&messageNum=81369>
        &messageNum=81369>

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 12, 2013
          Frederick and others:

          Neat model--I may have to get one to convert to C&S 013.

          FYI, I saw one of these torn down a few years ago in Chama as the Friends did some preventive maintenance. The whole inside between the sills was filled to the brim with any loose piece of %*^& scrap iron that the shop had on hand. There were tie plates and spikes; pig iron and cut up boiler plate. Everything was in there to add some weight to keep these light cars on the track!

          So, we modelers would not be out of order to fill the void between the sills with lead!

          Keith Hayes
          Denver, Colorado
        • Frédéric TESTARD
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2013
            Thanks Bill. Funny idea...
            Frederic

            >Very nice model, but I think it will cause speed restrictions on the TGV.
            >Bill Busacca

          • Frédéric TESTARD
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 13, 2013
              Keith, thanks for the comment.
              You're right about the weight needed to keep this little things on tracks. If I remember well (it was several years ago, I put some little bolts in the crates to add weight to this one). I did the same on a small logging caboose that would never have crossed a turning otherwise...
              Frederic