Dual decoder installation - postscript

  • James S. Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2000
      Hi guys - further to Dale's and Max's suggestion, I played around
      at putting a resistor as a motor load on the DSD so that
      it would register on the programming track. 200 ohms
      is too much - it still won't read it. But 100 ohms (which
      was also Soundtraxx's recommendation) is just right -
      this will enable it to register on the programming track.

      However...the load now creates a *little* bit of electrical
      noise - not a lot, but a bit. So I ended up removing it for
      now - the reality is that I don't anticipate having to
      reprogram it, and the whole exercise of the 2nd decoder
      WAS noise reduction!

      - jim