RE: [NWNG-Sn3Group] Last Run on the CR&Y...

  • Russ Segner
    Message 1 of 9 , May 23, 2010
      A High Definition video is being made and will be available. There is a lot of digital material available taken over years of build and rebuild, but it will take some time to do it justice. Look for some information later this summer, certainly by St. Louis. What people saw of the layout did not at all reveal many of the techniques and solutions Brian found to construct the Copper River & Yukon. Those of us who were privileged to work with him on it learned far more than we can apply to our own layouts. We hope to share some of this just as Brian shared with us. So, be patient, we will do our best to tell his story and share the enthusiasm he had for fine modeling.

      In the meantime, enjoy the time each of us have with each other and this great hobby.

      Russ Segner

      Newcastle, Wa

      Sad, but understandable. thanks, bill. Wish I could have seen the layout and operated with Brian.
      Mike Conder

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , May 23, 2010
        Oh, very good news.  sign me up for a copy as soon as it's available.

        Also, it maybe useful to get a tack plan done on the original and latest ... would love to see Brian's ideas on that.
         Mike Conder

        Russ Segner wrote:

        >  A High Definition video is being made and will be available.

      • JEM
        Message 3 of 9 , May 24, 2010
          Such a shame this has happened and has to happen to such a great man and his
          layout. Brian will be sorely missed by everyone. Does anyone know what
          will happen to the business? Much has been mentioned about the layout but
          what about Evergreen, will it stay in operation or be shut down or sold
          perhaps?

          I'm glad you guys got to view it one more time and I'm sure it was a very
          somber occasion and the task ahead will be very painful for all involved I'm
          sure.

          J. Motts

          The family wants some of the rolling stock and structures. The NW guys
          would like to save Night Hawk if we can for the 2012 NNGC in Bellevue. .
          The rest will be parted out for $ to local NW NG people. The locos and
          rolling stock will probably be sold on e-bay by Steve Depolo at the Inside
          Gateway Hobby Shop. Those are the tentative plans-all final decisions
          ultimately rest with the family. We intend to save as much of the pieces of
          the layout as we can, but the layout itself cannot be saved. Mary needs to
          sell the house, and so the layout must go to make the house saleable.

          Bill Busacca

          _____

        • William Busacca
          Message 4 of 9 , May 24, 2010
            J. Motts,

            The only good news is that Evergreen will be sold. It's way too much a
            mainstay in our hobby and WORLDWIDE, for it just to close down. The family
            is working with legal help, etc. to get the sale completed.

            Bill Busacca

            _____

            Message 5 of 9 , May 25, 2010
              Thanks Bill, I would really hate to see it cease operations. Wish I had the
              money to buy it, that would give me even more reason to move up to that part
              of the country.