Re: [ADMIN] Cyber-Articles folder updated & file transfer request! (MORE)

  • Jim Brown
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
      Larry (and others)...

      My own personal Cyber-Articles are hosted on my Shaw web pages and are accessed from our group website by an auto-refresh links; thus, if you are on one of my web pages you'll have to click your back button TWICE in immediate succession - or else you'll just be auto-refreshed back to where you were trying to leave!

      As far as the empty "K-27 Tsunami Installation" folder, I've deleted it now. I created with the idea of migrating the contents from the same folder in our satellite NWNG-Sn3Files over here, but realized that it would mean a multi-stage process and it would be easier if Bill, Derrell, and Jim could simply reload them directly!

      HTH.

      jim

      --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Brown" <jimb@...> wrote:

      > Larry - I started to see about migrating some stuff (such as the item you mentioned) but I couldn't do so readily which was why I asked the three guys who have posted stuff to contact me directly.
      >
      > Jim

    • Williiam S Adkins
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
        Robert:

        If you need any additional information regarding the C&S locomotives let me
        know. Soon I will be installing Tsunami's in them and I'll share what all I
        encounter. . . the good, the bad, and the inevitable ugly!

        Bill

        > Hopefully I've now successfully resurrected the various Cyber-Articles

        You have indeed. Many thanks.

        Robert

      • onagerla
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
          I guess this is as good a time as any; All, I'm about to publish a website called "7th Street Shops" as the billboard for a number of services I now offer. This includes painting, DCC installations, repairs, custom building (in brass and other mat'rls), etc. The reason it is opportune is because you've touched on the subject of Tsunamis in Sn3 C&S engines. I've done several so I know a little bit about them. I am in the process of installing Tsunami & TCS FL-4s in a number of(A-hmm) Evil Empire locomotives including a couple of PBL C-18s. (Yes, I have refrained from "correcting" them). This combo is fabulous because the smaller 2-8-0s really don't have the proper kind of room for the larger TSU 1000 decoders and a decent speaker. The FL-2 and 4 provide the missing functions the TSU 750 opted out of and with this installed in the Loco you can get away with just 4 wire between the E & T.

          I am also able to program the TSUs to nearly any degree you wish. When I can locate a couple of pertinent electronic instruments for the task I intend to offer complete BEMF programming. (I need to see if dear ol' dad has an extra oscilloscope laying around).

          I'm sure many of you already know how to do this kind of work but for those of you who don't and are hesitant to launch into this task alone and in the dark there are a number of ways I can help you. And I'm not stingy with advice if you want to do it yourself. As usual advice is free.

          I will post a link to the website as soon as it is up. Should only be a few days, maybe this weekend. I'm not limiting to Sn3 C&S. I'll take jobs from S.G. HO to 7 1/2" live steam. I enjoy machine work. Sorry, no HOn3 or smaller. I may be cheap and easy but I ain't into self inflicted torture! Even if you don't have any need for the services you are welcome to visit anyway. There may be a few things of interest.

          So. Dr. Harmon, WHY do you need to lower number 5's boiler and cab?

          Derrell

          --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, "Williiam S Adkins" <wadkins@...> wrote:

          > Robert:
          >
          > If you need any additional information regarding the C&S locomotives let me
          > know. Soon I will be installing Tsunami's in them and I'll share what all I
          > encounter. . . the good, the bad, and the inevitable ugly!
          >

          > Bill

        • Robert R Harmen, D.D.S.
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 18, 2009
            --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, "onagerla" <onagerla@...> wrote:

            > I guess this is as good a time as any; All, I'm about to publish a website called "7th Street Shops" as the billboard for a number of services I now offer.

            Neat way to add to your income!

            > So. Dr. Harmon, WHY do you need to lower number 5's boiler and cab?

            Its Harmen, and it looks too high to me. But I haven't checked the plans yet. Way too high pilot and deck does bother me.

            Robert
          • Robert R Harmen, D.D.S.
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 18, 2009
              I'm about to publish a website called "7th Street Shops"

              Be sure to post your url when you are ready to go. I have a few possible projects for you.

              Robert
            • onagerla
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 18, 2009
                "Harmen"! Yeah, I knew that. My boo-boo.

                I have two or three of the 5s. I'll check the height out for you. I didn't particularly notice this. I can tell you the pilots on the moguls are trouble causers. Your engine will be moving along and all of the sudden your command station shuts down with a short. Insulate the bottom of the pilot (Black electrical tape works for a temp fix) and I'll bet your problem goes away. Either that or your curves are too sharp and the pilot wheel is rubbing some where. I fix this by adding length to the pilot truck swivel.

                I am working on a casting master for new wooden pilots for the C&S 2-8-0
                and will get to the 2-6-0s next. Wooden pilot beams were replaced in 1912 almost over night due to new laws but the wooden staves and heavy frame hung around until the second rebuild of the Cooke Moguls (around 1918 iirc) and even for a short time after in some cases. Naturally I'll design the castings so that they clear the railhead. This is a good 3 inches on the prototype anyway.

                Yes, Robert, let's talk about your projects. And anyone else for that matter. Drop me a note.

                Thanks

                Derrell

                --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, "Robert R Harmen, D.D.S." <unitcoaltrains@...> wrote:

                > I'm about to publish a website called "7th Street Shops"
                >

                > Be sure to post your url when you are ready to go. I have a few possible projects for you.
                >
                > Robert

              • onagerla
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 18, 2009
                  Jim,

                  I'll try to find the article I did on the C&S Cabooses (rebuilding them to back dated versions as I recall). I should have it on disk somewhere and will reload, if so.

                  Derrell

                  --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Brown" <brown5339@...> wrote:

                  > Larry (and others)...
                  >
                  > My own personal Cyber-Articles are hosted on my Shaw web pages and are accessed from our group website by an auto-refresh links; thus, if you are on one of my web pages you'll have to click your back button TWICE in immediate succession - or else you'll just be auto-refreshed back to where you were trying to leave!
                  >
                  > As far as the empty "K-27 Tsunami Installation" folder, I've deleted it now. I created with the idea of migrating the contents from the same folder in our satellite NWNG-Sn3Files over here, but realized that it would mean a multi-stage process and it would be easier if Bill, Derrell, and Jim could simply reload them directly!
                  >
                  > HTH.
                  >
                  > jim
                  >
                  > --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Brown" <jimb@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Larry - I started to see about migrating some stuff (such as the item you mentioned) but I couldn't do so readily which was why I asked the three guys who have posted stuff to contact me directly.
                  > >
                  > > Jim

                • Jim Brown
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 18, 2009
                    Already done...I just have to finish moving your tender photos over and
                    we're DONE!!!!!

                    jim

                    Jim Brown
                    Vice President, Excavation