Stub turnouts and FastTracks

  • Jim McHenry
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2009
      Good morning all

      This morning I was looking at the discussion forums on the FastTracks web site and discovered they just issued a a new track work builders guide for building stub turnouts with their turnout jigs. The guide can be accessed at http://www.handlaidtrack.com/documents/ug20.pdf. I haven't read it in detail but I did skim it. There are some very interesting techniques and I think it is worth a look.

      Jim
    • Paul Vaughn
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2009
        It has been quite for some time now.

        Paul

      • Keith Hayes
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2009
          Sweet!

          Now if they will just make a 3-way jig the way the narrow gauge does it!

          Keith
        • Paul Vaughn
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7, 2009
            FastTracks will make you a jig for a 3-way. The only thing is you will have to PAY for it. It will be a custom jig just for you. Call them for a quote.

            If you want something then pay to have it made.

            Paul

            From: Keith Hayes keithhayes@...
            Date: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 1:33 AM

            Now if FastTracks will just make a 3-way jig the way the narrow gauge does it!

            Keith
            .

          • shakeyjake45colt
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 8, 2009
              After reading the info on the fastracks website, the common turnout jig can also be used to make stub turnouts if you look though the on-site info. Can the three-way switch jig also be used to make stubs as well? I recall the pattern may have a staggered layout of the rails. It would be nice to have this as an option for making three way stubs.

              Jake

              --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Hayes" <keithhayes@...> wrote:

              > Sweet!
              >
              > Now if they will just make a 3-way jig the way the narrow gauge does it!
              >
              > Keith

            • Keith Hayes
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 8, 2009
                "Can the three-way switch jig also be used to make stubs as well? I recall the pattern may have a staggered layout of the rails. It would be nice to have this as an option for making three way stubs."

                Jake: I agree, but the 3-way fixture is a staggered layout as you note. I have asked the question about the cost of a custom Sn3 #6 jig (#6 for the diverging routes--the center frog is something else entirely.).

                Keith
              • Paul Vaughn