TOMALCO S SCALE PARTS Announcement

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2008
      Howdy All!

      As many of you are familiar with TOMALCO S SCALE PARTS and its
      detail parts for locomotives, we are making the following announcements.

      1. TOMALCO S SCALE PARTS is now a wholly owned subsidiary ot THE
      SUPPLY CAR, LLC whose website is now under construction.

      2. We have teamed up with Jim King of Smoky Mountain Model
      Works, Inc. (who has been producing highly detailed S Standard guage
      cars) to produce a diesel 'critter' based on the old TOMALCO #50 brass
      kit. The new product will be driven by a NWSL PDT in both Sn3 and S
      standard gauge. It is going to be an entirely new product. None of
      the old TOMALCO etched brass sheets or sideframe castings, but some of
      the detail parts might be used.

      This new product will be produced using 3D CAD/SLA modeling
      methods. The end result will be a 1-piece urethane body that fits to
      a pre-assembled and tested frame/ mechanism. Extra parts will be
      supplied for handrails, etc. This will be a great starting point for
      kitbashers as well. All of the parts, except (maybe) the power unit,
      will be produced in the U.S.A.

      We project the retail price to be $295.00 + shipping. The target
      delivery date is Spring 2009.

      We will not accept deposits, but accept your emailed "I want one
      (or more)" reservation to judge demand. Dealer inquiries and orders
      are encouraged. If after a reasonable time has elapsed, we do not
      have sufficient interest to justify the development costs, we may
      postpone or cancel the project. So here is you chance to make your
      voice heard. Just email me with your "verbal" reservation and know
      that your vote is counted!

      As a matter of business philosophy, we feel accepting deposits
      has a bad reputation when attached to new entrants into the field due
      to 'vapor ware' that as we all know has been an issue with
      announcements garnering deposits. We are self financing production of
      the 'critter' and follow on products and therefore are willing to take
      the business risk ourselves.

      Thanks,

      Bob McCarthy
      THE SUPPLY CAR, LLC