Re: [NWNG-Sn3Group] No color film in 1909 ???!!!...

  • William Uffelman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2008
      Careful choice of words -- the Autochrome process was glass plate not color "film".

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autochrome

      Bill Uffelman
      Las Vegas NV

      "cilou.zelkine" <cilou.zelkine@...> wrote:
      >as we all know there was no color film in 1909.

      Derrell

      Quite wrong, Sir! The Autochrome system was patented
      in 1903 by the Lumière Bros. (yes, those same two
      French fellows who invented cinema in 1895), and
      was used until the early thirties.
      I am sending you off list a couple of color pictures that were
      taken on glass plate ca.1906-7 by my father-in-law's father.

      (For further information, just check Wikipedia)

      Alex