Re: [NWNG-Sn3Group] Seattle layouts and next years convention

  • Paul Vaughn
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
      To All: The details will be ironed out at the Oct. NWNG convention in Everette. I just came back from the NNGC in Portand, ME with this info.

      Paul

      craigsym <rgsnut@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      Has their been any thoughts about opening up all the great Seattle area
      layouts during next years NG convention? If so, will it be before,
      after or during the convention dates?

      Craig Symington.

      Visit Your Group
      Yahoo! News
      Odd News
      You won't believe
      it, but it's true

      Athletic Edge
      A Yahoo! Group
      to connect w/ others
      about fitness goals.

      Biz Resources
      Y! Small Business
      Articles, tools,
      forms, and more.

      .

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
        Hi,
        I was glad to see that the 2012 convention will be in
        Bellevue

        ted

        On 8/27/07, Paul Scoles <pbscoles@...> wrote:

        > Craig,
        >
        > The Portland folks haven't yet asked those of us in
        > Seattle to participate. However, I was planning to be
        > open for a couple of days before the convention, and
        > perhaps a day or two after as well.
        >
        > I'm sure Dave Woodrell, Brian Ellerby, et al, will
        > do the same.
        >

        > <http://tv.yahoo.com/>

      • jellis3030
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2007
          --- In NWNG-Sn3Group@yahoogroups.com, Paul Scoles <pbscoles@...> wrote:

          ...Vol. 2 is in production, and a bit more than halfway done...

          Paul,

          I have your first video on Scenery Techniques. What is the subject of
          Vol. 2?

          Jim Ellis
        • Paul Scoles
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 7, 2007
            Jim,

            Vol. 2 features more techniques, etc, and basically
            covers things I didn't have room for in Vol. 1, due to
            running time limitations. For example, making a
            stream bed and pouring resin for water, among other
            things.

            It'll be my final scenery video, as the scenery on
            my layout is now nearly complete. Thus, I don't have
            any bare spots to demonstrate scenery techniques on
            anymore.

            Anyway, it should be available in late October.

            Paul Scoles

            --- jellis3030 <jellis30@...> wrote:

            > Paul,
            >
            > I have your first video on Scenery Techniques. What
            > is the subject of
            > Vol. 2?
            >
            > Jim Ellis

            Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
          • Mark L. Evans
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 7, 2007
              Paul

              I'm looking forward to Volume #2 of your DVD series! It seems everyone with
              a computer has been producing DVD's of late. Yours is a step above as far as
              quality. I especially enjoy the music you've written for the DVD.

              BTW, if you need more layout to practice on, I have about 1200 SQF of bare
              plywood here you can go to town on. What do you think? Volume #3 and #4 :-)

              Mark L. Evans
              http://www.narrowgauge.org/sn3

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 7, 2007
                --- "Mark L. Evans" <MEvans@...> wrote:

                > BTW, if you need more layout to practice on, I have
                > about 1200 SQF of bare
                > plywood here you can go to town on. What do you
                > think? Volume #3 and #4 :-)

                Mark...

                Ha, not a bad idea actually. Once I finish the
                scenery in and around my main yard, which will be very
                soon, the only thing left to do is to build a modest
                city scene. After that the layout will be finished.

                What the heck will I do then..? So, maybe I should
                go into business finishing scenery for other folks.
                Hmmm...

                Paul Scoles

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
              • onagerla
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 8, 2007
                  Paul,

                  I've seen your Video and if Gary ever gets me the disk I plan to
                  write a review for it for the "Colorado Narrow Gauge Quarterly". I
                  was quite impressed with it and would like to review Vol. 2 when ever
                  it's available.

                  Bill Meredith and I are now the editors, replacing Jim W., and we
                  have intense intentions for this rag. I know some of you have had a
                  poor experience with it (under the old master) but with Bill as
                  Managing Editor and myself as Editor At Large I believe we can make
                  this one of the best "meat and potatoes" narrow gauge magazine
                  available. We don't have the revenue to pay a lot for articles but we
                  would welcome any kind of Colorado related tomes any of you might
                  wish to publish. We would welcome stories on anything from the Rio
                  Grande (affectionately referred to as the "evil empire" by us South
                  Park types) to the Little Book Cliffs R.R. if any of you were so
                  inclined. And these can be anything from how-to modeling articles to
                  your experiences exploring your favorite Colorado RR interests. We
                  are currently working on a piece on the ressurection of #315 in
                  Durango. We love history too and we might even consider a good
                  Colorado Midland piece - oh heck! Of course we would!

                  Anyway, congrats on your Video, Paul, and a job well done.

                  Derrell

                  > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
                  > http://search.yahoo.com/search?
                  fr=oni_on_mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz