Re: [NWNG-Sn3Group] Azteks 'n acylics - Straining, thinner ratio

  • James S. Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2000
      Hi Brian - I used an old metal strainer that my mum had, which was
      really fine - guessing about #200 screen. There was so
      much sludge in the bottom it was pretty obvious why I
      had a problem! Probably could have picked it out with my
      fingers...!
      As far as the the thinning, I normally go about 25% thinner.
      However, I increased this to ~ 40% for my bastardized
      bottle of Steam Power Black. That way, I could put on a
      heavier flow of medium, with less color accumulating on
      the model.
      Bear in mind that I'm EXPERIMENTING with this, so please
      don't take this stuff for a 'hard and fast' recommended
      technique! I definitely think that "good ole" Floquil and
      other petroleum distallate based paints spray are easier
      to figure out how to spray consistentantly than acrylics.
      However, I'm going to persevere as the odor has been a
      bone of contention in this house for years, and the acrylics
      solve THAT particular issue!

      - jim