RE: [NWNG-Sn3Group] Replacement Paint Booth Fan

  • Wheat, Chuck **CHAS Arch
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2000
      David,

      Newark Electronics and Allied Electronics both have a good selection of
      "boxer" type fans and also other types of fans and blowers. If you have a
      manufacturer and model number they may be able to supply an exact
      replacement. You can also search their websites. They are as follows:

      http://www.newark.com
      http://www.allied.avnet.com

      I hope this helps you out.

      Sincerely
      Charles Wheat
      Cleveland, TN

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2000
        Dave,

        Paasche recommends an air flow of 80-100 feet/min. at the front of the spray
        booth. If your existing booth is about 18"x24", this would require a fan of
        about 300 CFM. I would lean towards a fan with the motor mounted outside the
        air flow for safety when using solvent-based paint. Grainger has several
        shaded pole blowers in the 300-350 CFM size range. Prices are $70-90. If you
        give me the mounting dimensions of your existing fan, I may find a direct
        replacement.

        Brian
        Copper River & Yukon
      • William Adkins
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2000
          Dave:
          I have used a Dayton �squirrel cage� fan with external motor
          mount for some time in the cfm ranges Brian describes. I imagine Brian is
          correct -- Grainger probably has the best prices. If you are lucky enough to
          live in the Seattle area try McClendon Hardware�saw �em a year ago or so.

          Bill

          _____

          <http://click.egroups.com/1/3389/3/_/646209/_/956089840/>
          <http://click.egroups.com/1/3389/3/_/646209/_/956089840/>

          _____

          NWNG-Sn3Group Home Page:
          http://www.egroups.com/group/NWNG-Sn3Group

          NWNG-Sn3 Group Chat Room:
          Sundays 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST, until...(?)

        • bhanley
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 19, 2000
            In line with this, clothes dryers are also a good source
            of suitable ( squirrel cage ) fans for this use and can
            be obtained cheaply.
            Bruce