C&S No. 21 Circa 1909

  • onagerla
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005
      Greetings!

      I've just uploaded a few photos of my backdated No. 21. (Go to photos
      and open my album "Bath" something or another). As imported by
      Overland, this engine represented it's configuration between mid 1915
      and about 1918 or very late 1917. I've spent the last few days (arf!)
      backdating it to what I believe was pretty close to it's 1909
      configuration. A few hours researching (arf!), a few hours soldering
      and painting and voila! (Arf! again). I've included a shot of my
      future no. 22 that is still out-of-the-box ugly duckling 1915 for
      comparison. Have fun seeing if you can tell between these two,
      otherwise identical models, what I did to it.

      I am especially pleased with the paint job which in person is quite
      attractive. But since this is 1909 I could not find a single sheet of
      color film so you will just have to take my word for it. But if you
      have some vintage photos you might find it fun to see how close I
      came to the B&Ws "of the day".

      BTW - if any of you C&S nuts out there wish to back date one of your
      engines or need someone to do it for you contact me off list. Sorry I
      don't do Rio Grunge or RGSn3 or Slim Princess or EBT or Tweetsie or
      NPC or any of that foreign stuff - no offence intended.

      Derrell