Durango convention

  • cilou.zelkine
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
      >many of the modelers were concerned about (...) that they
      >were paying a high price for a convention that is not centralized
      >in a single place and therefore has fewer of the amenities we
      > have had at past conventions recently.

      What essentially amazed me, back in 1989, was the
      fact there wasn't any public transportation in this
      town. Is it still being so or did they kind of "evolve"
      a bit and got in touch with civilization in the meantime?...

      Alex
    • duncan harvey
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
        Alex,

        From what I have heard, the public transportation issue is pretty much
        as it has been in the past. I understand that at the first convention they
        hired shuttle busses to carry people back and forth, between the hotel and
        the fairgrounds. At the second convention that provision had not been made
        and some people got stuck, on Saturday, at one place, or the other, because
        the public busses didn't run on Saturday. Of, course, I don't know what, if
        any, arrangements have been made for the 2006 convention. I did email them
        the above information, but have not heard anything back, so far. I have
        just emailed them again, citing some of the concerns expressed here. Don't
        know if I will hear anything back, or not. I'll let you all know if I do.
        Duncan
      • Mike Conder
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
          There is public tansport of a sort, a trolley that runs north & south along Main Street.