Re: [NWNG-Sn3Group] Seattle shops & Durango convention

  • peter mcgourty
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2005
      Duncan - I asked the very same questions quite a while ago. And, those
      wonderful folks didn't give me any type of answer. Sorry, maybe it's your
      position that allows you to get some answers that the remainder of us in the
      hobby can't. That's great, keep on spreading the word.

      IF the registration price is $125 to all, and then another $125 a night to
      stay in a hotel that can't accomodate everyone that would attend (BTW - the
      web site referenced can't give you an results for other hotels - at least so
      a month ago, for the time period of the convention.) And, no place to park
      near the hotel either, unless they allow fill-up of the D&S lot and I don't
      think the supermarket shopping center next door would be happyeither.
      Combined with the traffic, even though roads are being widened WOW what a
      mess!!!

      I further agree with all of the statements you make in para. one as well. I
      didn't vote for Durango even though I though maybe they could do a good job,
      now I don't think they are interested in the hobby or those of us that would
      attend but just the tourist aspect of getting more folks to Durango to spend
      money.

      Pete

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2005
        IIRC, the RailFest will be the same week as well? If so, even a greater mess. but I'll be there anyway.

        Mike Conder