RE: [NWNG-Sn3Group] New Photos...Full Size view problem

  • Clark Womack
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
      At 04:30 PM 2/7/03 -0600, you wrote:
      >Jim, I don't have a fullsize link either.
      >Jack

      Neither do I.

      Clark Womack
    • Jan J. Kok
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
        Thanks, Paul. Yes, that is how it should work, but it doesn't in my case.
        Interesting that Jack Walton has the same problem. Maybe my theory that the
        country plays some role is not correct. I run Win98SE and Outlook Express
        for many years now and it worked always the way you describe. Only since
        some weeks it has suddenly changed. I noticed the same problem with other
        Yahoo lists. It is a pity, because you were right, the bigger the picture
        the better. Anyhow, I do see that your pictures are perfect. But a medium
        size camera for thumbnails..., isn't that overdoing? BTW, the new digital
        cameras are good!

        Jan

        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
          At 12:01 AM 2/8/03 +0100, you wrote:
          >Maybe Yahoo hates to send
          >the larger files to other countries and removes this link when they send the
          >html-file to my address which includes the name of the country.
          >
          >Thanks anyhow.
          >
          >Jan

          Jan,
          I live in the U.S. and it doesn't work for me either.

          Clark Womack
          clarkw@...
        • Clark Womack
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
            At 03:02 PM 2/7/03 -0800, you wrote:
            >Jan... As I said before, all I have to do is place my
            >cursor over the intermediate view, a little box
            >appears that says "click for full size", so I click...
            >and 'voila'-full size.
            > Maybe it's a browser problem..?
            >
            > Paul Scoles

            Paul,
            Which browser are you using?

            Clark Womack
            clarkw@...
          • Clark Womack
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
              At 04:02 PM 2/7/03 -0700, you wrote:
              >Jan:
              >
              >I have the same problem here in Utah. Perhaps Utah is also another country
              >to Yahoo.
              >
              >Tuhr.

              Tuhr,
              When did you move to Utah?
              I thought you lived in Virginia (North Carolina?).

              Clark Womack
              clarkw@...
            • Tuhr Barnes
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                Clark:

                Moved from Richmond in June of 2001! About 18 months ago. Have been here
                for the Narrow Gauge Convention, Olympics, great skiing and a few other
                things. Finally building a layout too!

                Tuhr.

                > Tuhr,
                > When did you move to Utah?
                > I thought you lived in Virginia (North Carolina?).
                >
                > Clark Womack
                > clarkw@...

              • Paul Scoles
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                  Clark... I really don't have a clue what it's called.
                  Let's see- my ISP is attbi (I think). and I'm using
                  MSN, Microsoft ME,... any of that stuff help..? Paul

                  --- Clark Womack <clarkw@...> wrote:
                  > Paul,
                  > Which browser are you using?
                  >
                  > Clark Womack
                  > clarkw@...

                  http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                • Paul Scoles
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                    Actually Jan, a digital camera was used for these
                    (Nikon D100)... but for my published work I do use a
                    medium format (2 1/4 x 2 1/4") camera. The digital
                    camera was a lark, to allow me to try the smoke/steam
                    effects... scanning medium format transparencies can
                    be costly, so we went with the digital. It was fun.
                    Regards, Paul

                    --- "Jan J. Kok" <j.j.kok@...> wrote:
                    It is a pity, because you were right,
                    > the bigger the picture
                    > the better. Anyhow, I do see that your pictures are
                    > perfect. But a medium
                    > size camera for thumbnails..., isn't that overdoing?
                    > BTW, the new digital
                    > cameras are good!
                    >
                    > Jan

                    http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                  • Darryl Huffman
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                      On an earlier version of Internet Explorer, I had the option of right
                      clicking on a photo and a dialogue box would appear which contained a list
                      which included "enlarge photo". My current version, 6.0.2800.1106, does not
                      give me that same option when I right click on a photo.

                      Darryl Huffman
                      Anchorage, Alaska
                      darrylhuffman@...

                      Like model trains?
                      Check out my photos at
                      www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com
                    • James S. Brown
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                        Hi guys - "Curiouser and curiouser..." as Alice would say!

                        I am on Windows XP at home and Windows 98 2nd Edition at
                        our office. Both systems use IE 6.00.2800.1106 as far as I
                        know...that's what is here at home, and my one at work is
                        also the most current version available through Windows Update.
                        Our office is protected by a firewall on our server; I have my
                        Windows XP firewall enabled at home.

                        I uploaded a 'screen shot' to the end of the Photos section
                        which shows what I see. Sounds like maybe a question for
                        Yahoo...(??)

                        - jim
                      • John Fisher
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                          Jim,

                          I don't see the "edit" or "delete" targets either. Could it be a function
                          of whose IDs have "full access"?

                          John

                        • Jan J. Kok
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                            Jim,

                            My screen looks the same as yours, only 'View: Screen Size | Full Size' and 'Edit Name | Delete' are missing. My IE is 6.0.2600.0000. Mysterious...

                            Jan

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                              Hi John - only I (as Group Owner/Moderator) and Paul (as the
                              owner of the Album or Photo) will see those options.
                              However, the Full Size should be available to all.

                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                                At 05:08 PM 2/7/03 -0800, you wrote:
                                >Hi John - only I (as Group Owner/Moderator) and Paul (as the
                                > owner of the Album or Photo) will see those options.
                                > However, the Full Size should be available to all.
                                >
                                > - jim

                                Well, it isn't.

                                Clark Womack
                                clarkw@...
                              • www.On30.org
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                                  When you set up and load a picture you have the choice of not selecting
                                  the full size. Could this be what happened here?

                                  Pat Turner
                                  NMRA/SER V.P.
                                  www.On30.org
                                  www.Sn3.org

                                  | Hi John - only I (as Group Owner/Moderator) and Paul (as the
                                  | owner of the Album or Photo) will see those options.
                                  | However, the Full Size should be available to all.
                                  |
                                  | - jim
                                • James S. Brown
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 7, 2003
                                    Hi guys - okay...I signed in under one of my alter-egos and found that
                                    I could NOT see any option for Full Size viewing either!

                                    I've posted an inquiry to Yahoo! to see why that might be,
                                    but it would appear right now that only the Group Owner/
                                    Moderator --OR-- the member who initially uploaded the
                                    photo or album is given the 'Full Size' option...which is
                                    REALLY dumb, huh??

                                    I'll let you know when I receive a reply - or if I can determine
                                    a "fix" somehow...

                                    - jim
                                  • Doug Jolley
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 8, 2003