Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Playing MotB

Expand Messages
  • Maggie
    You didn t revive Ammon? O.O Get Mel s Bishop romance mod before you go through again. She added a few lines when you revive him that let you react to your
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
      You didn't revive Ammon? O.O Get Mel's Bishop romance mod before you
      go through again. She added a few lines when you revive him that let
      you react to your companions' fates.

      I'm on my second time through, third actually since I abandoned my
      druid's game when suppress started making her Lawful, and I'm trying
      One-of_Many. It was really hard to kill that bear though, and I'm
      getting annoyed with the constant suggestions to let it devour
      everyone we meet.
    • colenda_the_gerundive
      ... something - badly. *flails* *clutches heart* Gah? You left my favourite character to rot in the souless ward?!
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
        >> O.O reviving Ammon...euuhhhhhh I think I missed
        something - badly.

        *flails* *clutches heart* Gah? You left my favourite character to rot
        in the souless ward?!

        :P
      • ladymakaze
        Ahhh, MOTB. Glad you re enjoying it, I know I did. Currently I m playing a bit of OC for nostalgia s sake. Personally I found the backstory of the MOTB a lot
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
          Ahhh, MOTB. Glad you're enjoying it, I know I did. Currently I'm
          playing a bit of OC for nostalgia's sake.

          Personally I found the backstory of the MOTB a lot more engaging than
          that of the OC, especially the way the KC is involved.
          Companions....well, the influence system is way broken now. The
          concept of conflicting interests between companions is no longer
          touched on, and as long as you agree with them, do as they say, be
          nice to them, lick their wounds etc. you're bound to have all of them
          at max influence by halfway through the game. Which um...I find
          unbalanced.

          But it's good to see more companions who are tied directly to the
          plot, rather than those who just tag along for the heck of it.

          Also....what's this about a Bishop mod? o.O Personally, my character
          killed him in OC and laughed in his face to find him stuck in the
          *spoiler*. Not that I don't like the guy, but meh. >_>
        • Mark Sherstone
          I ve completed Act 1 of MotB and I ll think I ll stop there for now. When I come to play through properly I m going to disable the spirit meter as I ve never
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
            I've completed Act 1 of MotB and I'll think I'll stop there for now. When I
            come to play through properly I'm going to disable the spirit meter as I've
            never liked the idea of it from the start. Up yours, Obsidian. I want to
            concentrate on the story not some fool meter of a badly thought out plot
            device as that's all it really is. And I know I'm not the only one who as a
            good deal of resentment about it. But that's a rant for another time. :)

            Have picked up Oukku and I have to say he's very cool :D Not sure of what to
            make of Karyeln the Dove or whatever her name is. The main reason I ended up
            playing MotB was to see if I could work out a way of Neeshka being in
            Ramasin. And I've got one or two ideas as to how I could do that ;) She's
            going to be in the prison. Hey It's Neeshka that's the most likely place
            she'd end up :D

            Syfria shocked: "She. she's your wife!?"

            Marcus with smirk: "Oh.that's right I never said that my wife was a
            tiefling. Oops silly me."

            Neesh "What you looking at baldy? Never seen a tiefling before?"

            :D

            Mark
          • Rowan Leeves
            I know looks shyly away I missed a lot stuff and it frustrated me so I played it only once (almost twice, but I stopped, preferring to return in NWN1...
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
              I know "looks shyly away" I missed a lot stuff and it frustrated me so I played it only once (almost twice, but I stopped, preferring to return in NWN1...

              Where can I get this Bish mod? The vault? I want to try it :o)

              Rowan

              Maggie <morwenna_the_wicked@...> wrote:
              You didn't revive Ammon? O.O Get Mel's Bishop romance mod before you
              go through again. She added a few lines when you revive him that let
              you react to your companions' fates.

              I'm on my second time through, third actually since I abandoned my
              druid's game when suppress started making her Lawful, and I'm trying
              One-of_Many. It was really hard to kill that bear though, and I'm
              getting annoyed with the constant suggestions to let it devour
              everyone we meet.



              Looking for a X-Mas gift? Everybody needs a Flickr Pro Account!

            • Rowan Leeves
              So sorry...I didn t even had the Gann romance - I played too quickly and I had a lot of bugs. One of them was when I fought with Gann s mom - when I finished
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
                So sorry...I didn't even had the Gann romance - I played too quickly and I had a lot of bugs. One of them was when I fought with Gann's mom - when I finished the fight, all of my companions started to attack me...nothing to do, really, I started over a thousand times and after that I told them to wait for me at the theater...

                I also had only one piece of the mask - that's why my gameplay felt more crappy than it should have been. But well, I hated that my last companions weren't there - screw that. I loved the new ones, but as I said, all of their previous work, they trough it in the garbage!

                Rowan

                By the way, we (all of us, yes) are a lot of people from different world parts. I think we can do something in order to get Bioware (and NOT Obsidian) to make NWN3 - I think we can make it clear that if they don't improve their game making, they will lose a lot...

                colenda_the_gerundive <colenda_the_gerundive@...> wrote:
                >> O.O reviving Ammon...euuhhhhhh I think I missed
                something - badly.

                *flails* *clutches heart* Gah? You left my favourite character to rot
                in the souless ward?!

                :P



                Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

              • Maggie
                Yes, it s on the vault, and it will make you want to play the OC again, even if you don t want to romance Bishop. She added a few more lines for Casavir and
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
                  Yes, it's on the vault, and it will make you want to play the OC
                  again, even if you don't want to romance Bishop. She added a few more
                  lines for Casavir and Elanee too.

                  --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogroups.com, Rowan Leeves <rowanleeves@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I know "looks shyly away" I missed a lot stuff and it frustrated me
                  so I played it only once (almost twice, but I stopped, preferring to
                  return in NWN1...
                  >
                  > Where can I get this Bish mod? The vault? I want to try it :o)
                  >
                  > Rowan
                  >
                • Maggie
                  I think the Mask is one part of the game that is bugged. I found all three my first time, yet only two appeared in my inventory and I had to add the third one
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
                    I think the Mask is one part of the game that is bugged. I found all
                    three my first time, yet only two appeared in my inventory and I had
                    to add the third one with the console. Now I'm playing with my EK and
                    the same piece failed to spawn.

                    I forgot, Mel also wrote a mod that lets you add in the OC companions
                    to MotB. You can't talk to them, but they're there. Here's the link to
                    her mods:
                    http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=125829

                    --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogroups.com, Rowan Leeves <rowanleeves@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > So sorry...I didn't even had the Gann romance - I played too quickly
                    and I had a lot of bugs. One of them was when I fought with Gann's mom
                    - when I finished the fight, all of my companions started to attack
                    me...nothing to do, really, I started over a thousand times and after
                    that I told them to wait for me at the theater...
                    >
                    > I also had only one piece of the mask - that's why my gameplay felt
                    more crappy than it should have been. But well, I hated that my last
                    companions weren't there - screw that. I loved the new ones, but as I
                    said, all of their previous work, they trough it in the garbage!
                    >
                    > Rowan
                    >
                    > By the way, we (all of us, yes) are a lot of people from different
                    world parts. I think we can do something in order to get Bioware (and
                    NOT Obsidian) to make NWN3 - I think we can make it clear that if they
                    don't improve their game making, they will lose a lot...
                    >
                    > colenda_the_gerundive <colenda_the_gerundive@...> wrote:
                    >> O.O reviving Ammon...euuhhhhhh I think I missed
                    > something - badly.
                    >
                    > *flails* *clutches heart* Gah? You left my favourite character to rot
                    > in the souless ward?!
                    >
                    > :P
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!
                    >
                  • Rowan Leeves
                    ... Maggie wrote: I think the Mask is one part of the game that is bugged. I found all three my
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 2, 2008
                      :o) thanks a lot :o)

                      Maggie <morwenna_the_wicked@...> wrote:
                      I think the Mask is one part of the game that is bugged. I found all
                      three my first time, yet only two appeared in my inventory and I had
                      to add the third one with the console. Now I'm playing with my EK and
                      the same piece failed to spawn.

                      I forgot, Mel also wrote a mod that lets you add in the OC companions
                      to MotB. You can't talk to them, but they're there. Here's the link to
                      her mods:
                      http://nwvault. ign.com/View. php?view= User.EntriesList ing&id=125829

                      --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogro ups.com, Rowan Leeves <rowanleeves@ ...> wrote:
                      >
                      > So sorry...I didn't even had the Gann romance - I played too quickly
                      and I had a lot of bugs. One of them was when I fought with Gann's mom
                      - when I finished the fight, all of my companions started to attack
                      me...nothing to do, really, I started over a thousand times and after
                      that I told them to wait for me at the theater...
                      >
                      > I also had only one piece of the mask - that's why my gameplay felt
                      more crappy than it should have been. But well, I hated that my last
                      companions weren't there - screw that. I loved the new ones, but as I
                      said, all of their previous work, they trough it in the garbage!
                      >
                      > Rowan
                      >
                      > By the way, we (all of us, yes) are a lot of people from different
                      world parts. I think we can do something in order to get Bioware (and
                      NOT Obsidian) to make NWN3 - I think we can make it clear that if they
                      don't improve their game making, they will lose a lot...
                      >
                      > colenda_the_ gerundive <colenda_the_ gerundive@ ...> wrote:
                      >> O.O reviving Ammon...euuhhhhhh I think I missed
                      > something - badly.
                      >
                      > *flails* *clutches heart* Gah? You left my favourite character to rot
                      > in the souless ward?!
                      >
                      > :P
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                      > Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!
                      >



                      Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.