Re: [NWN2Fanfic] Re: Of Lilies and Thorns

  • Rowan Leeves
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2010
      Late reply, very sorry.

      What can I say? I should simply learn to wait for writers to complete their story before starting reading it :( Waiting for the fifth chapter is k-i-l-l-i-n-g me!

      I love this story so bad! And I don't know why lol, Bishop is not my preferred subject. I think it's simply because I like Liliana and the way you guys make her evolve. I do hope the roles will somehow change and she will become somehow stronger-wiswe and more resourceful than him... my positive mind sees revenge against the (one who paid for her to get killed) and a good ending, with maybe some enlightening about Riana and the companions Bishop had...

      The part when Liliana is looking through the books and can't find anything about the companions is awesome. I'd hope someone from Obsidian would read it just to see the irony and how shitty it was for players when the companions were simply removed... I'll stop here or I might rant for a while TT.TT

      Thanks for writing girls :)

      Rowan

      Something I think you guys should consider. I know Bishop is a big cold-hearted bitch, but refusing to do some introspection with oneself resumes in a huge burst of emotions, usually very negative for oneself (sort of self-hate, deception) and sometimes this can cause the urge to do good things, or to try to make things better, make up for past errors etc. I don't know what you plan, but Bishop seems to be at the edge of being able to lie to himself so much.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2010
        Thank you so much for your comment, dear - I'm very happy that you're enjoying the sequel, especially when you're not that much of a Bishop fan. ;)

        And I'm especially glad that you're liking Liliana - you never know how people will react to your OC, so it's good to know that she's likeable and that you want to see where she's going. :)

        Don't worry - this story is far from over, and we still have a lot of things in store that both Bishop and Lily will have to chew on... and that will force both of them to face some unpleasant truths about themselves, but I won't tell no more. ;P

        Chapter 5 should hopefully be up within the next days, so I hope you'll keep enjoying the story! *hugs*

      • Rowan Leeves
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2010
          Hey hun,

          Of course I will enjoy it :) But as I wrote to Alya earlier, I may wait for 2 or 3 more chapters before I read your fic as well... if I am able to wait of course lol I'm kind of back on the NWN wave (blame the authors lol)
          I also started to re-read my fic "Neverwinter gone wrong", it's been on my mind for a while now. I really wish to finish it... but compared to my other fics this one is a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggg fic >.<

          Yes the OC is often a little stressy to figure out (when you write/create them, in my opinion). In one of my fics I thought the OC would be kind of disliked and not understood, but the comments on ff.net were all positive about her behavior and ways... She is nothing like Liliana, but I can compare them by saying none is a "hero character" - just simple human/elf with loads of issues and flaws. I think we all like that because it is so much closer to us - not like the usual "Casavir" stereotype of courage and perfectness... hem hem :D

          Naa I'm still not a Bishop fan (Daeghun for the win!), but I'm one of those who "understands" that character. I may say, you, Fuxfell and Alya are kind of inspiring me to write a Bishop fic... I don't know how this one would turn, I'm such a sucker for good "endings". I think the Bishop fan girls would crucify me for being so pinkish XD

          Glad to know the story isn't over. I have to say I prefer the writing style in part 2, for now. Can't wait to see your mouse growing up more, she is really one of my fave fic-chars

          Cheers,

          Rowan