Re: NWN addons

  • Jen Magson
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2009
      I did add it on when NWN was installed on the old computer - I seem to
      remember it was pretty good. I can ask the same question on the other NWN
      group if you like.

      Best wishes
      Jen

      > 1. Re: NWN addons
      > Posted by: "Donna" sg.dsl@... dsl261967
      > Date: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:28 pm ((PST))
      >
      > Hey, just wanted to know if anyone here has downloaded and used PRC for
      > NWN 1. It seems like it adds all new races, classes, epic levels, etc.
      > for the OC, SOU, & HoTU.
      >
      > I would like to know if it is as good as it sounds.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Donna
    • Donna
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2009
        Yeah, if you know of others who have it and like it that would be
        great. I like the game, but got tired of the same old same old. It
        sounds like it offers so much more than any expansion Bioware did. I
        would like to play NWN 1 again with those new classes and races. It
        looks awesome.

        Donna

        --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogroups.com, "Jen Magson" <jenmagson@...> wrote:

        > I did add it on when NWN was installed on the old computer - I seem
        > remember it was pretty good. I can ask the same question on the
        other NWN
        > group if you like.
        >
        > Best wishes
        > Jen

        __
        > > 1. Re: NWN addons
        > > Posted by: "Donna" sg.dsl@... dsl261967
        > > Date: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:28 pm ((PST))
        > >
        > > Hey, just wanted to know if anyone here has downloaded and used
        PRC for
        > > NWN 1. It seems like it adds all new races, classes, epic
        levels, etc.
        > > for the OC, SOU, & HoTU.
        > >
        > > I would like to know if it is as good as it sounds.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Donna

      • Rowan Leeves
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2009
          I haven't used it yet, but heard quite a good deal of positive comments. I'm also looking forward to try it soon (and play nwn1 again.)
          Rowan

          Yeah, if you know of others who have it and like it that would be
          great. I like the game, but got tired of the same old same old. It
          sounds like it offers so much more than any expansion Bioware did. I
          would like to play NWN 1 again with those new classes and races. It
          looks awesome.

          Donna

          --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogro ups.com, "Jen Magson" <jenmagson@. ..> wrote:

          > I did add it on when NWN was installed on the old computer - I seem
          > remember it was pretty good. I can ask the same question on the
          other NWN
          > group if you like.
          >
          > Best wishes
          > Jen

          __
          > > 1. Re: NWN addons
          > > Posted by: "Donna" sg.dsl@... dsl261967
          > > Date: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:28 pm ((PST))
          > >
          > > Hey, just wanted to know if anyone here has downloaded and used
          PRC for
          > > NWN 1. It seems like it adds all new races, classes, epic
          levels, etc.
          > > for the OC, SOU, & HoTU.
          > >
          > > I would like to know if it is as good as it sounds.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Donna

        • Jen Maxon
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
            This is a reply I got to your query on the NWN2 Yahool group:

            1a. Re: PRC for NWN
            Posted by: "mike williams" patchlogan_2000@... patchlogan_2000
            Date: Sun Mar 1, 2009 2:50 pm ((PST))

            i have used the prc for around a year now and found it to be very
            helpful and the amount of material it adds to the game alone makes it
            worth it. it does have some minor bugs that are being worked out, but
            otherwise it is IMO one of the best things made by the community for nwn.

            Best wishes
            Jen
          • Donna
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
              Thanks Jen,

              I saw that they had apparently released their final version, so I
              imagine that those bugs had been fixed. Apparently, it is as good as
              it sounds. I have it downloaded and will play it this coming
              weekend. I'll post what I find out here.

              Of course, I just installed the latest Romance Module by Gibberlings
              for NWN2 OC-MoTB and am currently playing through to try out the
              Casavir romance. These add ons really make having the game worth it
              after playing through it a couple of times.

              Donna

            • off_key1@bellsouth.net
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
                --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <sg.dsl@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Jen,
                >
                > I saw that they had apparently released their final version, so I
                > imagine that those bugs had been fixed. Apparently, it is as good
                as
                > it sounds. I have it downloaded and will play it this coming
                > weekend. I'll post what I find out here.
                >
                > Of course, I just installed the latest Romance Module by
                Gibberlings
                > for NWN2 OC-MoTB and am currently playing through to try out the
                > Casavir romance. These add ons really make having the game worth it
                > after playing through it a couple of times.
                >
                > Donna
                >
                > --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogroups.com, "Jen Maxon" <jenmagson@> wrote:
                > >
                > > This is a reply I got to your query on the NWN2 Yahool group:
                > >
                > > 1a. Re: PRC for NWN
                > > Posted by: "mike williams" patchlogan_2000@ patchlogan_2000
                > > Date: Sun Mar 1, 2009 2:50 pm ((PST))
                > >
                > > i have used the prc for around a year now and found it to be very
                > > helpful and the amount of material it adds to the game alone
                makes
                > it
                > > worth it. it does have some minor bugs that are being worked out,
                > but
                > > otherwise it is IMO one of the best things made by the community
                > for nwn.
                > >
                > > Best wishes
                > > Jen

                Let us know what you think once you try it! I downloaded an earlier
                version of the PRC ages ago but never installed it--actually was a
                little discouraged by the vast number of choices available.

                sings
              • Rowan Leeves
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
                  Hi guys,

                  I think I'm ready to try it too during the week-end. Problem is, I'm not sure what to download exactly from the site: http://www.nwn2prc.com/index.php?location=downloads
                  Should I take just the PRC exe or the whole thing? I don't want to miss something...
                  Help?

                  > I saw that they had apparently released their final version, so I
                  > imagine that those bugs had been fixed. Apparently, it is as good
                  as
                  > it sounds. I have it downloaded and will play it this coming
                  > weekend. I'll post what I find out here.
                  >
                  > Of course, I just installed the latest Romance Module by
                  Gibberlings
                  > for NWN2 OC-MoTB and am currently playing through to try out the
                  > Casavir romance. These add ons really make having the game worth it
                  > after playing through it a couple of times.
                  >
                  > Donna
                  >
                  > --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogro ups.com, "Jen Maxon" <jenmagson@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > This is a reply I got to your query on the NWN2 Yahool group:
                  > >
                  > > 1a. Re: PRC for NWN
                  > > Posted by: "mike williams" patchlogan_2000@ patchlogan_2000
                  > > Date: Sun Mar 1, 2009 2:50 pm ((PST))
                  > >
                  > > i have used the prc for around a year now and found it to be very
                  > > helpful and the amount of material it adds to the game alone
                  makes
                  > it
                  > > worth it. it does have some minor bugs that are being worked out,
                  > but
                  > > otherwise it is IMO one of the best things made by the community
                  > for nwn.
                  > >
                  > > Best wishes
                  > > Jen

                  Let us know what you think once you try it! I downloaded an earlier
                  version of the PRC ages ago but never installed it--actually was a
                  little discouraged by the vast number of choices available.

                  sings

                • Mark Sherstone
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
                    If it's one thing that's always put me off the PRC it's the complex instalation. The CEP is a lot less hassle but even that is becoming an ungainly beast. And there is also Projext Q which is still in its ealry stanges. And there are many more add ons for NWN1 its mind boggling at times. That's why I tend to play mods that don't relie too heavily on add ons. As I've tended to notice the more hak paks and what not a mod has the more likely it is to crash.

                    Mark
                  • Donna
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
                      Well, I installed the .exe version and I definately need to do something else as well. I can see the new classes but can't access them and I haven't yet found instructions on what else to do. Still looking for answers. Mark, have you installed any of these before? And just how complex is it going to be?

                      Donna

                      --- In NWN2Fanfic@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Sherstone" <officerdonnz@...> wrote:

                      > If it's one thing that's always put me off the PRC it's the complex instalation. The CEP is a lot less hassle but even that is becoming an ungainly beast. And there is also Projext Q which is still in its ealry stanges. And there are many more add ons for NWN1 its mind boggling at times. That's why I tend to play mods that don't relie too heavily on add ons. As I've tended to notice the more hak paks and what not a mod has the more likely it is to crash.
                      >
                      > Mark

                    • Mark Sherstone
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
                        Well I've never instaledl the PRC, reading the instrutions on their web site
                        was always enough to put me off so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

                        As for the CEP that's easy if you get the exe version in installs everything
                        for you. even installing it manually is easy as most things go in the hak
                        folder. You only need this if you're playing a mod that uses CEP content.

                        Hope you get it working though Donna :)

                        Mark
                      • Rowan Leeves
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
                          Why does it always have to be SO damn complicated O.o I'll try to find out more tomorrow - but if any of you knows something, it would be appreciated :)

                          Well I've never instaledl the PRC, reading the instrutions on their web site
                          was always enough to put me off so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

                          As for the CEP that's easy if you get the exe version in installs everything
                          for you. even installing it manually is easy as most things go in the hak
                          folder. You only need this if you're playing a mod that uses CEP content.

                          Hope you get it working though Donna :)

                          Mark

                          Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA
                        • Rowan Leeves
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
                            Ok I found this for now. Haven't checked the entire site, but the guide for installation is at the left bottom menu of the page. I read the "exe" self-installer, and it doesn't say that other files are needed.

                            http://www.nwn2prc.com/index.php?location=manual〈=en&section=installation&page=prc_pg01

                            Rowan

                            Why does it always have to be SO damn complicated O.o I'll try to find out more tomorrow - but if any of you knows something, it would be appreciated :)

                            Well I've never instaledl the PRC, reading the instrutions on their web site
                            was always enough to put me off so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

                            As for the CEP that's easy if you get the exe version in installs everything
                            for you. even installing it manually is easy as most things go in the hak
                            folder. You only need this if you're playing a mod that uses CEP content.

                            Hope you get it working though Donna :)

                            Mark

                            Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA

                            Get the name you've always wanted ! @... or @....
                          • Rowan Leeves
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
                              Taking my words back. It does say it needs "a few more addons" ...

                              http://www.nwn2prc.com/index.php?location=manual〈=en&section=installation&page=jcc_pg01

                              At least it looks well explained.

                              Get the name you've always wanted ! @... or @rocketmail. com.