Wed. May 15, 7 pm, Stephen Meyer book talk on Darwin's Doubts in Kirkland & debate links

  • John Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013

      STEPHEN C. MEYER talks ON his new book: DARWIN'S DOUBT
      Wed. May 15, 2013, 7 pm, Northwest University , Kirkland
      Free, but registration is required.
      Discovery @ Northwest U Lecture Series
      When Charles Darwin finished The Origin of Species, he thought that he had explained every clue, but one. Though his theory could explain many facts, Darwin knew that there was a significant event in the history of life that his theory did not explain. During this event, known today as the “Cambrian explosion,” many animals suddenly appeared in the fossil record without apparent ancestors in earlier layers of rock. In Darwin’s Doubt, Stephen C. Meyer tells the story of the mystery surrounding this explosion of animal life "a mystery that has intensified, not only because the expected ancestors of these animals have not been found, but also because scientists have learned more about what it takes to construct an animal.
       During the last half century biologists have come to appreciate the central importance of biological information "stored in DNA and elsewhere in cells "to building animal forms. Expanding on the compelling case he presented in his last book, Signature in the Cell, Meyer argues that the origin of this information, as well as other mysterious features of the Cambrian event, are best explained by intelligent design, rather than purely undirected evolutionary processes.

      This FREE event will be held in the Butterfield Chapel on the campus of Northwest University . The event begins at 7pm, with doors opening at 6:30pm.

      While the event is FREE, space is limited and registration is required.
      please do so through our registration form
      Doors for this event will open at 6:30pm with the program beginning at 7pm.
      The event will be held in the Butterfield Chapel at Northwest University , located at 5520 108th Ave. N.E. in Kirkland , WA .  Parking is available at various locations on the campus - see the campus map for details. The location is also metro accessible via Metro route 255.
      If you have questions about this event, please contact Donna Scott at (206) 292-0401 ext. 128.
       Comment by JNJ
      -Steve Meyer publically prefers old earth Intelligent Design view, but neither he nor
      the Discovery Institute are demeaning of recent creationist (except to fairly point out
      possible errors in factual claims). Moreover, they are accommodating to,
      respectful of and friendly to Creationists like myself and our group. We
      sell his book Signature in the Cell in our creation bookstore along
      with the Discovery Institute DVDs from Illustramedia like Metamorphosis
      (about the butterfly).
      I recommend his talk and plan to be there with a friend.
      His bio is at creationwiki.org/Stephen_Meyer
      http://www.discovery.org/p/11 (see link for his articles)
      Radio debate with Peter Atkins ( Oxford University atheist)
      on the occasion of the release of the film Expelled.
      For his other debates see
      -John N. Johnson
      mathematician (retired Boeing)
      President, Creation Association of Puget Sound