Program Change*: CAPS Meet Fri. 3/22, 7 pm, D VD “Inherently Wind”

  • John Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      Our speaker, Paul Case for today Fri 3/22 is sick,
      And profusely apologizes he cannot speak, so we will
      Screen the DVD “Inherently Wind” that partially
      presents the atheist views supporting evolution
      and against Christianity using film clips from the
      “Inherit the Wind” with rebuttal by anatomy professor
      Dr. David Menton.
      -John Johnson
      Mathematician
      President, Creation Association of Puget Sound
      CAPS Program Change* (revised):
      Creation Association of Puget Sound (CAPS) meets at:
      Friday, Mar. 22, 2013

      At the Geology Learning Center in The Expedition Christian Church
      23601 52nd Ave. W, Mountlake Terrace

      6:30 pm, refreshments and book sales
      7:00 pm, “Inherently Wind” DVD (67 min)
      The Scopes “Monkey” Trial 1925
      Discussion of Scopes trial, theater play & film “Inherit the Wind”
      with David Menton

      Description: “Dr. David Menton of exposes the distortions and inaccuracies in the play and movie Inherit the Wind. This influential propaganda piece has deceived a whole generation with the false belief that Christians went on a "witch hunt" to stop John Scopes from teaching evolution, but in reality it was a "set up" by the American Civil Liberties Union. He uses film clip from the 1960 film “Inherit the Wind.”

      Bio for Dr. David Menton
      Dr. Menton was awarded "Professor of the Year" in 1998 while associate professor of anatomy at the respected Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis . Now a professor emeritus (he holds a Ph.D. in cell biology from Brown University ), Dr. Menton now speaks full-time for AiG.

      Purchase DVD from CAPS or direct from producer:
      (67 min. illustrated lecture – different than interview below)

      Creation TV show: Don Chapman Interview with David Menton (1 hour)
      Part 1: (56 min)
      Part 2: (56 min)

      Secular Documentary “The Scopes Trial” (1 hr, 16 min)

      1960 Film Inherit the Wind (mock documentary of Scopes Trial”)
      Film credits and Anti-religion intro clip of the fabricated march (with the minister) to schoolhouse “arrest” John Scopes” with song “give me that old time religion” ( 3min)
      A mostly accurate replay of courtroom diatribe about “bigotry” by Scope defendant (and law prosecutor) Clarence Darrow (1 min)
      A mostly accurate replay of Clarence Darrow’s courtroom
      anti-religion diatribe prior to his “cross -examination” of Williams Jennings Bryan
      (5 min)

      1999 remake of film “Inherit the Wind”
      Dialogue between Darrow and Bryan Excerpt: 1 min

      John N. Johnson
      mathematician