Reminder: Science Adventure Tours Missoula Flood Field Trip Updated Information

  • Mark Finkbeiner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 8:56 PM

      Updated Information

      Science Adventure Tours

      Field trip of the Missoula Flood.

      April 13, 2013 Meet at Temple Baptist parking lot. Will leave sharply at 8AM

      4555 Arena Rd Richland WA 99352

      http://mapq.st/YkkBv0

      GPS Coordinates 46°15'21.94"N

      119°20'6.19"W

      Any questions call Mark Finkbeiner

      (509) 967-5625

      Anyone under the age of 18 has to be accompanied by a legal guardian

      Come with us as we explore the Missoula Flood Caused by the Ice age, caused by Noah's Flood.

      We will take a 12 passenger van and I will narrate as we follow the path of the Missoula Flood up to Dry Falls WA.

      This will be a trip were we will actually drive off road in the canyon in front of the falls that carved out the canyon.

      If Dry Falls was still a water fall today it would be the most enormous water fall in the world. 10 times the size of Niagara Falls. We will be examining basalt flows, petrified wood, erratic (Granit) and cataracts (extinct waterfalls) along the way

      Trip includes frequent stops at:

      1) Dry Falls and areas around it.

      2)  Frenchman Coulee, and areas around it.

      3) Blue Lake, to see where the Blue Lake Rhino is located.

      4) Soap Lake everyone can feel the lake waters soapy feel.

      5) Diatomaceous Earth Pits

      6) Gingko Petrified Forrest

      7) Different Rock Formations

      8) You will receive a Field Trip Guide

      Will have to sign a waiver

      Pricing for van:

      No refunds for trip in van after April 8th

      Adults $45.00

      Kids 5-17 $35.00

      Pricing if you take your car:

      $35.00 a family

      $25.00 an individual

      Pay before April the 5th after that it is $10.00 more for all prices

      Benefits of taking the van:
      Mark will be narrating as we go along the path of the Missoula Flood.

      Gas will be paid for.