Grand Opening Sep. 7-9, Geology Learning Center, Mountlake Terrace, $1

  • John Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2012
      Patrick Nurre at the Northwest Treasures
      He and his wife Vicki do Geology presentations and
      field trips and sell rock kits and books from
      a Creationist viewpoint for homeschooled kids.
       (link at upper left for free email Newsletter)
        They will be having our Grand Opening Celebration
      at their own new facility at:
      Geology Learning Center (formerly a school) at
      23601 52nd Ave W in Mountlake Terrace
      (the corner of 52nd Ave and 236th Street )
      Our Grand Opening Days will take place on
      Fri., Sep. 7th, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm,
      Sat., Sep. 8th, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
      Sun., Sep. 9th, 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
      The various exhibits are targeted to home-schooled
      Kids of different ages, from K to 12 grades,
      Special Admission cost for any day is $1.00 per person,
      children 5 and under are free.
      There will be:
      1. Activities for the kids
      2. A lifesize deinonychus replica
      3. An archaeological display
      4. Rock and mineral displays
      5. Fossil display
      6. Dinosaur fossils display
      7. A fluorescent room
      8. Dino-to-bird display (a critical examination)
      9.  Rock ID, which will be appropriate for the older kids
      No preregistration is needed,
      but for more info call 425-488-6848
      For info on the Geology field trips to
      Yellowstone National Park see:
      or see video at:
      See pictures from their Dino dig in Montana 2011
      I plan to take my granddaughters (age 7 and 10 years)
      and recommended it highly.
      -John Johnson
      Mathematician
      Creation Association of Puget Sound