Reminder Palouse Falls Field Trip Changed to April 14

  • sciencevsevolution
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 12:53 PM

      Hi everyone

      Science Adventure Tours

      Field Trip

      Palouse Falls

      This field trip will center on the Missoula Flood caused by a universal flood and ice age.

      We will discuss canyon formation of the Palouse canyon, Palouse Falls, lava flows, pillow basalt, the ice age, petrified wood, Native American history, Marmes Cave which is one of the most significant archeological discoveries in the United States.  Explanation of the age of lava flows not as old as previously thought.  I will bring some artifacts for display.

      Tour will consist of observing lava flows, Palouse Falls, petrified log in pillow basalt. We will be hiking about ½mile round trip.

      This is where Tyler Bradt made his 189 foot world record waterfall plunge  in a Kayak.

      Each family will get a field trip guide that explains the geology and history of the area.  It will also cover the lecture that will be presented at Palouse Falls.

      Each individual will need to sign a release/waver form.

      If you have a walking disability and or a heart condition the hike is not recommended.

      What to bring: Camera, a pack, binoculars, sack lunch, good sturdy shoes and plenty of water.

      We will all meet 8:30 AM April 14, 2012 at Temple Baptist Church

      4555 Arena RD, Richland WA 99354

      You will have to furnish your own transportation.

      I need a minimum of six families for the trip

      $30.00 per family

      $15.00 per individual.

      Unfortunately, because this is a state park they are now charging a $10.00 fee at the park. You can buy the "Discovery Pass" at Wholesale Sports for a $1:00 more in Kennewick, WA or you can get it right at the park which is $10:00.

      Contact: Mark Finkbeiner (509) 967-5625

      Email:  sciencevsevolution@...