Fw: "Diggin' News" fr. Chuck'n "br": Colorado Site

  • Loren I. Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      From: "Chuck & "BR" Sanders" <cjbr@...>
      To: "Bill & Linda Boone" <whboone@...>; "Barbara Ackerman"
      <barback@...>; <joe_mcintyre@...>; "Walt & Kristi
      Buchman" <wbuchm@...>
      Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 10:06 PM
      Subject: "Diggin' News" fr. Chuck'n "br": Colorado Site

      Hi ALL!
      Most of you know who we are, except Loren Nelson (Chuck met you once and you
      seemed to be interested in the ancient, clay dino figurines that have been
      brought to light recently in Mexico. If you wish to be taken off this list,
      please just fire-back a reply, and we'll do so, OK?).

      Also, to Jerry Bizonet, we need to explain that Becca thought you'd like to
      hear from us with occasional "dino-news". Please let us know if you too
      would like us to take you off this list, won't you? Thanks...

      All the rest of you told us you'd like to hear about what's going on from
      time to time, so here we are. Should you change your mind, please just let
      us know...

      'Journeyed safely from Kirkland, WA to Crosbyton, TX, arriving Friday, May
      12th! Signed papers for new house around noon. Friends from our newly
      adopted church helped us unload the "U-Haul" trailer and "Ryder" truck!
      Praise the LORD!!! [Of course, we learned right away that down here it's
      not really a "U-Haul", it's a "Y'All Haul"...]
      'Could take us a year to get settled-in, but we're lovin' it. Days are
      nice'n warm (hottest, 106 degrees F) and nights are cool (high 60's - 80's).
      'Started helping-out part-time at the "Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum", Tuesday,
      the 16th. Joe Taylor's the "boss"...

      Now then, here's a quote from the "Crosbyton News & Chronicle" that came out
      Thursday, May 25, 2000, that's as good a newsie as any for y'all:

      "Dinosaurs lying on their backs with their legs sticking up demand rapid
      burial. This is what you see at our dig site," says fossil excavator Joe
      Taylor of Crosbyton.

      According to Taylor, the northwest Colorado excavtion site near the small
      town, appropriately enough, named Dinosaur, is part of an extensive fossil
      bone graveyard.

      "This boneyard covers several hundred thousand acres. The site contains no
      less than six animals in an area of only 300 square feet." These include
      long-necked and long tailed sauropods, spike-tailed stegosaurs, T-rex-like
      allosaurs, and heavily armored ankylosaurs, as well as turtles and

      "THE WAY these animals are buried and their sheer numbers defy such often
      used but outdated explanations as 'local river inundations'. Only a massive
      flood of unbelievable proportions can account for the scale of devastation
      we see at this site and in many other western states, in Canada, and other
      parts of the world. These animals were also buried under hundreds of feet
      of mud and similar sediment."

      This week Taylor is returning to the Colorado site to supervise the removal
      of more of the fossil bones.

      Taylor is also the director and curator of the Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum in
      Crosbyton. For those interested in seeing fossil remains from the Colorado
      site and other exhibits, the museum hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m..
      Special group rates are available.

      Joe's back now. We're planning a trip to Glen Rose, TX this coming Friday.
      Dr. Duane Gish (well-known Creation lecturer) will speak at the High School,
      Saturday, June 3rd. 'Also plan to visit Dr. Carl Baugh's "Creation Evidence
      Museum". Dr. Baugh has also just returned from the Colorado site. 'Bye for
      now ...

      In HIM, with you, Chuck'n "br" [Sanders]

      P.S. 'Special "Hi" to WOHGIES! You remain in our prayers. 'Remember you
      all with great delight! 'Drop a note when you can? WE GIVE SPECIAL THANKS

      P.P.S. Extra-Special "HI" to Joe'n Pam!!!
      P.P.P.S. Hi Karen! BLESSINGS! Could you perhaps make a copy of this for
      Sylvia Dillon? She and Alanna would appreciate it, I'm quite sure. Her
      only e-mail (which I don't even have right now) is at the school where she
      works, and I don't know if her school is out yet??? But if her school is
      still in session, please nevermind the copy. Just send me her e-mail
      address, and I'll send it directly to her. Thanx a BUNCH! ["HI"' and
      BLESSINGS to the Office Staff!!!] "br"