908FIGI's March 'INTRIGUING' Answering The New Atheists - March 26, 27 & 28

  • INFOFIGI
    Mar 19, 2014

    MARCH  2014  EVENT

    Foundations In Genesis of Idaho/Oregon

    KNOWING YOUR CREATOR  ~  FOR YOUR CHURCH, YOUR FAMILY & YOUR FRIENDS
    Seminars, Children's Programs & Workshops featuring Local, National & International Speakers
    Local, National & International Field Adventures
    PDF  Bulletin Insert/Half Flyer & Full Poster Attached

    Inline image 2

    ABOUT THE TOPIC
    We have seen the publication of some bestselling books over the last ten years by some very aggressive atheists. They include "The God Delusion", "God is not Great", and "Letter to a Christian Nation." The four most popular atheist writers (Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, and Dennett)
    are often referred to as the "Four Horsemen."
    Inline image 3Inline image 1
    They make some outrageous claims about the Christian Faith, Creationism and Evolutionism.
    In this talk we address some of their more popular claims such:

    Faith is blind

    Atheism is not a religion
    Science has disproved God
        There is no evidence for God
    Religion poisons everything
        Evil and suffering disprove God
    Morality does not come from God
        Belief in Miracles is superstition

    Many books have been written by Christian writers refuting the claims made by these atheist writers.
    "Gunning For God", "The Atheist Delusion", and "Letter From a Christian Nation"are some of the more popular responses to the claims of these new atheists. We examine the claims made by the atheists, and respond to them one by one. We conclude that the atheists have become much more aggressive, but offer no new evidence for their belief system.
    Theism offers a more rational answer than atheism. The New Atheists don't have a case!

    Admission is free ~ An offering will be taken
    Ages: Jr. High Youth - Adult ~ Church/School Groups Welcome
    Children encouraged to attend with parents

    EMMETT    Wednesday     March  26th    7:00 PM
    ANSWERING THE NEW ATHEISTS
    Calvary Chapel  498 W. Idaho Blvd  Emmett, Idaho    Contact: 208-365-0991

    BOISE    THURSDAY     March  27th    7:00 PM
    ANSWERING THE NEW ATHEISTS
    Heritage Bible Church  7071  W. Emerald    Boise            Contact: Brent Carter 208-375-9592
    From 1-84, take the Franklin Exit, right on W. Franklin, left on N. Cole, right on W. Emerald, watch for the small church sign at ground level on the right, and then turn into parking lot. The church is at the back of the large parking lot.

    NAMPA    Friday    March 28th     11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
    LUNCH WITH HEINZ LYCKLAMA
    CANYON CREEK RESTAURANT  1411 Shilo Drive  Nampa Idaho    208-375-9592
    (Franklin Road Exit, Turn North, Restaurant on left)
    Join Heinz for a casual NO HOST lunch featuring great food & fellowship

    ONTARIO    FRIDAY    March 28th     7:00 PM
    ANSWERING THE NEW ATHEISTS
    Treasure Valley Baptist Church 386 N. Verde Drive Ontario Oregon            Contact Kathy Harris 208-642-9207
    Go West on Idaho Avenue past high school & elementary school, turn right on Verde Drive, several blocks, church is on the right
    From Boise 1-84 West, take OR-201 Exit 374 (Weiser/Vale), right on OR-201, left N. Verde Drive, church on the left
    From Baker City 1-84 East, OR-201 Exit 374 (Ontario/Vale), right OR-201, take 3rd left N. Verde, church on the left
    Please bring a snack to share at our fellowship time following the seminar.

    Schedule Heinz Lycklama to speak for a School Group, Study Group
    , Breakfast, Luncheon

    Dates Available: March 26 - March 28   Contact 208-642-9207 or  208-375-9592

    ABOUT THE SPEAKER

    Dr. Heinz Lycklama earned a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics (1965) and a Ph. D. degree in experimental Nuclear Physics (1969) from McMaster University in Canada. Since then he has worked in the telecommunications and computer software industries at Bell Telephone Laboratories in NJ and at Interactive Systems Corporation in CA as an individual contributor and in management positions. In 1992 Dr. Lycklama formed Open Systems Technology Associates (OSTA) and now offers his technology management consulting services to various start-ups in the high technology industry. Challenged in his Christian faith by what he was taught in university in the 1960’s, Dr. Lycklama has always maintained an active interest in the Creation v. Evolution controversy. As his children reached school age and began to ask questions about what they were taught in school, he became more involved in researching the topic of Creation v. Evolution. He has developed a series of lectures onthis topic over the years and presented the material in Sunday school classes, to college students, during church services, at Bible Schools, and other venues in Greece, Croatia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Cameroon and Thailand, as well as in Canada and the USA. Heinz and his wife Gerda live in Arlington, WA. They were both born in theNetherlands, emigrated to Canada after WWII with their families, married in 1964, and then emigrated to the US in 1969. They have 5 children and 16 grandchildren.

    UPCOMING EVENTS
    Interested in scheduling a FIGI speaker for your school or group?  Contact 208-642-9207

    April 23-25  Mr. Chris Ashcraft
    WONDERS OF THE CELL

    YELLOWSTONE FIELD ADVENTURE  FULL: May Sign Up On A Waiting List
    June 22 - 28   Brent Carter/John Herganrather  208-375-9592

    Sept. 24-26  Mr. Alan Wymore
    THE GENESIS OF LANGUAGE & WRITING

               October 29-31  Mr. Ray Strom
    Topic To Be Announced

    Hells Canyon Field Adventure To Be Announced

    2014 Intern Opportunities
    IT, Web Designs, Social Media, Field Trips, Photography, Public Relations & More!
    Time Commitment - Flexible       High School & Up      Contact: 208-642-9207

    Check us out on FACEBOOK

    What is FOUNDATIONS IN GENESIS OF IDAHO/OREGON?

    Foundations In Genesis of Idaho/Oregon, also known as ‘FIGI’ (pronounced fig-ee), is a local science organization that hosts Adult and Children's science seminars and geological field adventures. By bringing in scientists who are experts in their fields, FIGI Seminars and Field Adventures offer fascinating information and cutting edge evidence which encourages critical thinking and an understanding of factual science which are key in what worldview (biblical or evolutionary) a person chooses.

    Here are some important verses from the Bible about creation:

    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." from The Holy Bible, Genesis 1:1

    "For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible..." Colossians 1:16

    "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them..."  Exodus 20:11

    What does science tell us about the scriptures above? Did everything evolve millions of years ago from a big bang or are we living on a relatively young earth created by God?

    Please join us. Our seminars are lay people friendly and are offered at no charge. Our geological field adventures consist of local one day trips and camping expeditions and costs are minimal. Check out our website for a history of our past seminars and Field Adventures and for upcoming events.

    Boise Contact:
    e-mail Boise@... or call Brent Carter at (208) 375-9592
    Field Adventure contact: e-mail Adventure@... or call Brent Carter at (208) 375-9592
    Ontario contact: e-mail Ontario@... or call Kathy Harris at (208) 642-9207
    Children program contact: e-mail Children@... or call Kathy Harris at (208) 642-9207
    To comment or ask questions, please e-mail:
    infofigi@...
    Our Post Office address is FIGI/O, Box 3933, Nampa, ID  83653

    Please join the FIGI Newsletter e-mail list by sending an e-mail to infofigi@.... We'll keep you updated on all the latest FIGI News and Events.