Re: LTR&T sources, was (unknown)

  • William Scarvie
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2000
      Thanks very much Steven.

      On the advice of many of you, I checked out the local library system.
      It's nice to live in a big city :-) They have copies of both the Myrick
      volumes, as well as Oil Lamps and Iron Ponies. The UC system even has a
      copy of the issue of Western Railroader references in the Hilton book, but I
      no longer have library privileges there.

      I'll certainly write Bob Brown and see if he has time to answer some of my
      (many) questions.

      Thanks very much,

      Will Scarvie

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2000
        Will,
        If you can get to the California State Archives in Sacramento there is much
        research material to be had on the LTR&T. They have the Cal RR Commission
        valuation material from 1912 that includes maps (row, profile and station
        plats) and the final valuation report.
        Regards,
        Greg Maxwell
      • William Scarvie
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2000
          Hi Greg,

          Well, it'll probably be a while. I live in San Diego and have little
          cause to get up Sacramento way these days. Maybe once my daughter is a bit
          older and has been FIRMLY indoctrinated into the love of trains. I did get
          to the California State Railroad Museum up there some years ago and she
          would LOVE that.

          Thanks,

          Will