Re: [NVnarrowgauge] Re: Lake Tahoe narrow gauge.

  • William Scarvie
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2000
      Hi Curtis,

      Sounds like a trip to Sacramento is in order! With a new baby on the way,
      it'll be a while though :-)

      >Engine #1 1875 8-20-D "Glenbrook" - Currently undergoing class1 restoration
      >at the Nevada State RR useum in Carson City, Nv.
      >
      >Engine #2 1875 8-20-D "Tahoe" - Currently undergoing restoration at Nevada
      >County Narrow Gauge & Transportation Museum in Nevada City, Ca. (aka NCNG
      >#5) On loan from Universal Studios, Hollywood.

      I wonder about these identifications...

      Tahoe was engine #2 on the Carson & Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company, and
      her sister Glenbrook was #1. According to the Nevada State Railroad Museum
      web page on the Glenbrook, she was transferred to the LTR&T and became
      engine #1 on that line when the CTLF shut down. Tahoe, on the other hand,
      was apparently sold to the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad, and then to
      "a Hollywood Studio" (presumably Universal). As I read it, Tahoe never
      served on the LTR&T. The LTR&T did have a steam ship named Tahoe (and
      another named Nevada) though, on the waters of the lake.

      Hmm...

      Will