2012 SPNG Historical Society Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2012
      Good evening:

      The Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge Historical Society extends this invite to our narrow gauge friends.

      This same notice is being sent to certain other email groups -- so please pardon any duplication that you may receive.

      I am sending this onward with full knowledge and cooperation of the Society's president.

      Brian Norden
      Editor, Journal of the SPngHS

      2012 SOUTHERN PACIFIC NARROW GAUGE HISTORICAL SOCIETY CONFERENCE

      Location: Ardenwood Park, Fremont Ca.
      Home of the Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources.
      Ardenwood Park is an Historic Working Farm that dates back to the 1850's.

      When: Thursday June 21 through Sunday June 24

      This Conference will focus on the Narrow Gauge Lines absorbed by the Southern Pacific Railroad on the west side of the Sierras. Many of these lines supplied rolling stock that ended their lives on the Owens Valley operation.
      There will also be programs conducted on the Carson and Colorado, Nevada and California ,as well as the SPNG Keeler Branch.

      PROGRAMS SET UP OR IN THE WORKS:
      Narrow Gauge Rolling stock sent to Nevada from California
      Carter Brothers Car Builders
      C&C/SPNG Structures and Rolling Stock, a visual presentation.
      Hands on Carter Brothers rolling stock.
      Narrow Gauge Steam train ride, Roaring Camp Railroad
      Standard Gauge Train ride, Niles Canyon Railway.
      Visit to Jim Vails Hon3 Glenwood and Black Creek Ng Model Railroad
      Modeling the SPNG Lines
      others may be added.

      OTHER ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
      BBQ lunch fundraiser
      Round table discussion and photo share
      Restoration Fund Raffle/prizes
      Membership Meeting

      RAILROADS TO BE COVERED:
      Santa Cruz Lumber
      Santa Cruz and Felton Railroad
      San Joaquin and Sierra Nevada /Northern Railway
      South Pacific Coast
      C&C/N&C/SPNG Keeler Branch
      Oregonian Railway

      If there is anyone that would like to help out on any of the above programs or activities or have any ideas on other programs please do not hesitate to contact the SPNG Historical Society Inc. office at 707-262-1824 or e-mailspngoffice@.... Ask for Christy or Dennis.
      If you are not a member of the SPNG Historical Society Inc. you may contact the office as well for a membership form to be forwarded directly to you.

      I would like to acknowledge that both the Ardenwood Historic Farm as well as the Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources are very instrumental in helping with this years Conference as well as Randy Hees for helping to get this all on TRACK.

      I encourage you to check out both of these organizations websites listed below.
      www.ebparks.org/parks/ardenwood or just google Ardenwood Historic Park
      www.spcrr.org

      Updates and registration information will be forthcoming on this Yahoo site as well as the upcoming SPNG Historical Society Membership Journals.

      Thank you,
      Dennis Burke,
      President, SPNG Historical Society Inc.