Re: Nevada Central Boxcar

  • Greg Maxwell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11 11:16 PM
      This sounds like the Stockton & Ione car body from Dillon.
      Greg Maxwell
      --- In NVnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "RandyH" <hees@...> wrote:

      > A Nevada Central box car body has recently been moved for preservation by a local museum.
      >
      > The dimensions are reported to be:
      >
      > length 22' 2"
      > width 7' 10"
      > height 8' 6"
      >
      > Any ideas on who the builder is?
      >
      > Randy Hees

    • Dave Eggleston
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12 9:13 AM
        Agreed. Though there is no height left on that car. It collapsed years ago.

        Randy, where did it get moved to?

        Dave Eggleston

        This sounds like the Stockton & Ione car body from Dillon.
        Greg Maxwell

        --- In NVnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "RandyH" <hees@...> wrote:

        > A Nevada Central box car body has recently been moved for preservation by a local museum.
        >
        > The dimensions are reported to be:
        >
        > length 22' 2"
        > width 7' 10"
        > height 8' 6"
        >
        > Any ideas on who the builder is?
        >
        > Randy Hees

      • RANDALL HEES
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12 4:22 PM
          The car is being moved to a private home, for restoration, then on to the county museum... I was
          contacted by a BLM archeologist who is coordinating things...

          On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
          Dave Eggleston <degg13@...> wrote:
          > Agreed. Though there is no height left on that car. It collapsed years ago.
          >
          > Randy, where did it get moved to?
          >
          > Dave Eggleston

        • Dave Eggleston
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12 9:50 PM
            Thanks. Hopefully they do it justice. There are good photos of those cars from the 1920s/1930s as sheds. Considering how it looked in the late 1990s, there won't be much left to restore, it'll be more of a replica!

            Dave Eggleston