Nevada Central Boxcar

  • RandyH
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11 11:00 PM
      A Nevada Central box car body has recently been moved for preservation by a local museum.

      The dimensions are reported to be:

      length 22' 2"
      width 7' 10"
      height 8' 6"

      Any ideas on who the builder is?

      Randy Hees
    • Greg Maxwell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11 11:16 PM
        This sounds like the Stockton & Ione car body from Dillon.
        Greg Maxwell
        --- In NVnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "RandyH" <hees@...> wrote:

        > A Nevada Central box car body has recently been moved for preservation by a local museum.
        >
        > The dimensions are reported to be:
        >
        > length 22' 2"
        > width 7' 10"
        > height 8' 6"
        >
        > Any ideas on who the builder is?
        >
        > Randy Hees

      • Dave Eggleston
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12 9:13 AM
          Agreed. Though there is no height left on that car. It collapsed years ago.

          Randy, where did it get moved to?

          Dave Eggleston

          This sounds like the Stockton & Ione car body from Dillon.
          Greg Maxwell

          --- In NVnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "RandyH" <hees@...> wrote:

          > A Nevada Central box car body has recently been moved for preservation by a local museum.
          >
          > The dimensions are reported to be:
          >
          > length 22' 2"
          > width 7' 10"
          > height 8' 6"
          >
          > Any ideas on who the builder is?
          >
          > Randy Hees

        • RANDALL HEES
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12 4:22 PM
            The car is being moved to a private home, for restoration, then on to the county museum... I was
            contacted by a BLM archeologist who is coordinating things...

            On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
            Dave Eggleston <degg13@...> wrote:
            > Agreed. Though there is no height left on that car. It collapsed years ago.
            >
            > Randy, where did it get moved to?
            >
            > Dave Eggleston

          • Dave Eggleston
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12 9:50 PM
              Thanks. Hopefully they do it justice. There are good photos of those cars from the 1920s/1930s as sheds. Considering how it looked in the late 1990s, there won't be much left to restore, it'll be more of a replica!

              Dave Eggleston