Re: [NVnarrowgauge] box car at Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park

  • Dave Eggleston
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009
      Thanks for posting the pictures, Bob. The car is holding up well, the sides being only slightly more wind and sand blasted compared to when I was last there around 1995.

      This is one car that should be put in a museum considering its lineage and suspected early California narrow gauge tie. At least it's covered--it's surviving sister isn't and has suffered far more at the hand of nature on the floor of the Reese River Valley. It's amazing to me to think that two cars that could trace back to the S&I in 1874/1875 are still sitting in the desert in 2009.
      Dave

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009
        I meant Brian, not Bob. Don't know what possessed me to call you by the wrong name. Sorry!

        Dave

        .