Re: [NVnarrowgauge] E&P Cars in On3-What is out there and what makes good starting points

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2008
      Jason,
      I know of no E&P model cars commercially available. Aside from a handful of cars acquired from Kimball MFG and the American Fork RY all of the E&P's early equipment came from  Billmeyer & Smalls of York, PA. Many early narrow gauge roads bought equipment from B&S including the D&RG but nothing like the E&P's freight or Passenger cars have been made available in model form. The E&P's early cars were small and light weight, flat cars were about 22' long and had a capacity of 7 1/2 tons. The E&P is a good choice to model from an operation stand point as it was a very busy railroad in the 70s and early 80s. For books I would first get Railroads of Nevada and Eastern California Vol 1 and 2. Bonanza Railroads also has a good chapter of "colorfull" history on the E&P.
      Best regards,
      Greg Maxwell