Re: [NVnarrowgauge] Any surviving cars from Tonopah RR?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
      Wendell,
      I think that one of the boxcars built for the TRR by J. Hammond that went to the Mina Br by way of the LTRy&TCo may still be around. Perhaps Randy Hees or one of the SPNG guys might know more.

      Greg Maxwell

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
        Hello -

        There is a detrucked four wheel caboose at the Ely, Nevada Railroad Museum. Not the Nevada Northern location, but the State Museum on Highway 50. Someone once told me that it was a T&G caboose but I can't vouch for that. The Number 12 is on one of the interior walls.

        Charlie Siebenthal
      • Michael Lee
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
          Charlie,

          Thanks for the information. I have some photos of
          some of the "bobbers" at Millers. I believe that the
          #12 is shown.

          I'm on the road at a hotel in Phoenix. When I get home
          over the weekend, I'll check the photo and see if the
          number is 12.

          My sister and I just cleaned out my mother's house in
          tonopah to sell. We have a u-haul packed to return to
          TX. We also sold my wife's mother's home in Graeagle,
          CA.

          Mike Lee
          Tonopah, Goldfield and Bullfrog in N
          League City, TX
          --- vandtrr@... wrote:

          > Hello -
          >
          > There is a detrucked four wheel caboose at the Ely,
          > Nevada Railroad Museum.
          > Not the Nevada Northern location, but the State
          > Museum on Highway 50. Someone
          > once told me that it was a T&G caboose but I can't
          > vouch for that. The Number
          > 12 is on one of the interior walls.
          >
          > Charlie Siebenthal

          Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
        • Michael Lee
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
            Hi Wendell,

            The Northwest Shortline and Narrow Guage Gazette, has
            completed several line drawings of T and G and Tonopah
            Railroad equipment over the past 25 years.

            They are located in California and can be googled.

            Mike Lee

            --- Wendell Huffman <wendellhuffman@...>