Re: [NVnarrowgauge] An E&P locomotive photo

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2005
      In a message dated 12/18/2005 2:00:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, tphmike@... writes:
      Greg,

      That's definitely not Palisades. I believe it is on
      the flat just outside of Eureka. I'll go through my
      records and see if I can pinpoint the location.

      Mike Lee
      Tonopah, Goldfield and Bullfrog in N
      League City, TX
      Mike,
      My vote is for Mineral siding as the location of this photo. Numbers 5 and 6 were headed south in a work train going to repair a wash out at the Chimney Creek trestle just south of Alpha when the train was stranded by additional wash outs at Shannons and Blackburn. Number 5 was retrieved early on in the rebuilding and was used in work train service but I don't recall that the number 6 was ever used after the flood and may have been left at Mineral for some time. Also the engine in the photo is sitting on a side track and if the engine is pointing south the siding would be on the west side of the main track as it is at Mineral.

      Greg
    • Michael Lee
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2005
        Greg,

        I agree with your idea. I looked through my stuff and
        that is the only other location with those kind of
        mountains in the background.

        Mike

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 19, 2005
          Thank you, both of you, for the information.

          Brian