Working in the Eureka & Palisade route (Train Simulator)

  • juliosalomsanchis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
      Hello to everybody.
      My name is Julio, I reside in Valencia - Spain. My brother and I
      am the authors of the route "Copper River & Northwestern Railway" for
      the Microsoft Train Simulator. Right now we are in the project to
      "revive" the route "Eureka & Palisade RR".

      I hope that my presence in this forum does not cause annoyances to
      anybody.

      This project is in advanced construction state. But I am blocked by
      lack of information referring to Palisade. Normally I work with topo
      or aerial maps, and I use dem maps for extracion of the terrain.I am
      looking for referring data Palisade that the time and meteorology they
      have erased. I reside a little far from Palisade and single I have
      three old photos that do not say great thing of as it were the town
      years ago. The present photos are centered single in small details and
      all almost shows the river and little but. The correct thing is
      knowledge where it was the bridge that crossed Humboldt river to enter
      Pine Valley and to follow South direction towards Eureka. it is a
      good datum point to do something. But it does not appear in map nor
      photo some. Do you know the track layout in the depots or stations?. I
      need your help. Can you help me?.
      I hope not to bother and you know to excuse my little knowledge for
      your language and the automated translation is not too horrible.

      Thank you very much.

      juliosalomREMOVEIT@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
        Julio,
        A virtual E&P, what great idea. To find answers to your Palisade question try looking at the satellite photos of the area at www.terraserver-usa.com and do a search for Palisade. Zoom in on the site and you and plainly see the E&P's right of way into town as well as the old CP right of way that stays on the north bank of the river. The E&P's pile trestle crossed the Humbolt just north of the county road bridge.
        Best regards,