New Photos at the Nevada Historical Society

  • nnry1@mwpower.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2005
      I spent last weekend at the Nevada Historical Society in Reno going
      over Nevada Northern Railway Pictures. In conversation with the
      photo curator Lee Brumbaugh, he mentioned that the Society just
      received two hundred plus photos on the Eureka Northern. He had just
      finished scanning them into his computer. He was gracious enough to
      let me go through the photos. I am by no means an expert on the E &
      P or the EN. But these are pictures I have never seen before.
      Apparently, these photos were donated by the daughter of one of the
      employees of the EN, I believe the name was Watkins. The girl's
      uncle was the constable in Paradise at the same time her father
      worked for the EN. I just sped through the pictures, but they were
      great. There were a couple of pictures of EN #7 a 0-4-4T including a
      builder's photo. Also there were photos of two Standard Oil tank
      cars similar to the one in Myrick's book, Railroads of Nevada and
      Eastern California part 1 page 69 on the NCR. Greg you might want to
      make a trip to Reno. Lee's e-mail address is lpbrumba@...

      Also, if you have ever wanted to own a part of the E & P, the Eureka
      station is for sale.

      Cheers,

      Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 21, 2005
        That would be Hawkins. There were several members of the family who
        worked for the Eureka-Nevada.

        Good to hear that the Historical Society got these.

        Brian Norden