SP tank at Laws

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2005
      Hi,

      I know that is is not quite the subject area of the particular email
      group. But it is important news to anyone intersted in western narrow
      gauges.

      In case you have not heard, the Laws (California) water tank collapsed
      last Monday while attempts were being made to stabilize the tank.

      For more information see postings to the SP narrow gauge group that can
      be found at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/-spng-/

      The Laws site is owned by Inyo County and maintained by the Bishop
      Museum and Historical Society. The local County Supervisor seems to be
      involved and wanting to make sure that the tank is rebuilt correctly.
      She has also asked for letters (emails) supporting correct replication
      and supervision of the work. If you wish to send Ms. Cash an email on
      this subject, her email address is Cash93514@...
      <mailto:Cash93514@...>

      Also see posts made at Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum
      (http://www.ngdiscussion.net/) and Railway Preservation News
      "Interchange" board (http://www.rypn.org/).