Re: [NVnarrowgauge] Re: any news, etc.

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
      My understanding from Dave Garcia is that Lywood Moody sent his camera
      with a roll of film out to Charles Sexton (brother of John and then
      manager of E-N) with the request that the photos be taken of the
      railroad. About 10 years or so ago, Dave and I traveled the line with
      copies of these photos. We found the locations -- after 50+ we could
      find the same clumps of trees and even the ranch house in the background
      of one of the photos.

      Ah the roster. It is a very interesting one. After looking over photos
      and evaluating other information Dave and I came to the conclusion that
      the roster would drive one to drink -- and you might have to be in that
      condition to even begin.

      Brian Norden

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2005
        In a message dated 2/3/2005 7:16:50 PM Pacific Standard Time, bnorden49@... writes:

        My understanding from Dave Garcia is that Lywood Moody sent his camera
        with a roll of film out to Charles Sexton (brother of John and then
        manager of  E-N) with the request that the photos be taken of the
        railroad.  About 10 years or so ago, Dave and I traveled the line with
        copies of these photos.  We found the locations -- after 50+ we could
        find the same clumps of trees and even the ranch house in the background
        of  one of the photos.

        Ah the roster.  It is a very interesting one.  After looking over photos
        and evaluating other information Dave and I came to the conclusion that
        the roster would drive one to drink -- and you might have to be in that
        condition to even begin.
        I have also heard the story about Charlie Sexton taking the 1936 photos. He may have delegated some of this job to another employee as Mr. Sexton appears in a couple of the photos. This first group of pictures was used to illustrate an article on the EN that appeared in Moody's short lived railfan publication. It is interesting that Mr. Moody offered prints of these pictures for 15 cents, the same prints will now run about $15.00+ from SMU. There is also another group of pictures taken in late 1938 all at Palisade.