Re: [NVnarrowgauge] Mystery photo

  • Michael Lee
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2004
      Tom,This is a very interesting photo. It could
      possibly be the E & P. I just looked in volume II of
      Myrick and the engine could have been used on the Ruby
      Hill Mill RR. The photos in Vol I does match the
      lettering on the gondola, but the as shown on page 97
      the lettering was on the frame. I'm sure there are
      more photos somewhere, possibly at the Nevada
      Historical Society in Reno. I plan to be in Reno this
      January and will find the time to go to the Hist.
      Society.

      Mike Lee
      Tonopah, Bullfrog, Goldfield in N

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14279&item=6132928201&rd=1
      > I don't think it is the Eureka & Palisade, any
      > ideas?
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Michael Lee
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 23, 2004
        In addition, my sister is a researcher at the Central
        Nevada Historical Society in Tonopah and I'll ask her
        to look through the photo collections.

        Mike Lee

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 23, 2004
          <<Tom, This is a very interesting photo.  It could>>
          <<possibly be the E & P.  I just looked in volume II of>>
          <<Myrick and the engine could have been used on the Ruby>>
          <<Hill Mill RR. The photos in Vol I does match the>>
          <<lettering on the gondola, but the as shown on page 97>>
          <<the lettering was on the frame. >>

          Mike and Tom,
          Bruce MacGregor sent me this the other night and the first thing I thought was, what engine could this be? I then started looking at the car. At first glance the car looked like one of the E&P's Hart gondolas. There is a problem, as Mike noted there is a similarity between the lettering on the coal car pictured on pg. 97 of Myrick vol. 1 but note that it is only lettered E&P as were all of lines cars that I have seen, not E&P RR. The line became the E&P Ry (Railway) in 1902 before the Hart cars or the ex -Tonopah RR, Hammond car shown in the photo in Myrick arrived. Before 1902 all the cars on the E&P were of Billmeyer and Smalls lineage and look nothing like the car in this e-bay item.
          Regards,